My kids are a curious combination of sensory seeking and sensory avoiding. That’s not uncommon for children with sensory processing difficulties. My older daughter avoids anything that feels scratchy. My younger daughter seeks out deep pressure often and also avoids any fabrics that are not soft and comfortable. Both have some sensory issues. I have written about that often here. Remember this post about 5 easy and free sensory play activities for kids with sensory processing disorder.
[tweetthis]Five Easy and Free activities for kids who love sensory play https://www.thriftymommastips.com/easy-and-free-sensory-play-activities-for-kids/[/tweetthis]
Both of my girls indulge in and seek out messy play. Not always but often. They like painting, gardening, crafting. They are also very kinaesthetic (which is a fancy way for saying they learn hands on best.) Kids like mine need many opportunities to move and to be actively learning with their hands and bodies interpreting science. That is in fact one of my oldest daughter’s favourite subjects. These are some great Sensory Play Ideas with Gelatin for kids who love hands on experiments and kids who need to be entertained a lot. This is one you will need to bookmark for the summer months when you start running out of things to do. Pin the image above for future reference.
[tweetthis]Here are some great experiments with gelatin for kids who love sensory play.[/tweetthis]
Sensory play Ideas with gelatin
1. Rainbow (No Time For Flash Cards) http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2012/02/rainbow-gelatin-sensory-tub.html
2. Swamp (No Time For Flash Cards) http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2012/05/swamp-sensory-tub.html
3. Glowing Star (Fun At Home With Kids) http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/08/catch-star-edible-glowing-gelatin.html
4. Jello and Ice Valentine’s (Dirt and Boogers) http://dirtandboogers.com/jell-o-and-ice-valentines-sensory-box/
5. Gelatin Play (Fun At Home With Kids) http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/02/gelatin-play-infant-at-one-point-when-s.html
6. Dirt and Worms (Two Daloo) http://www.two-daloo.com/dirt-and-worms-coffee-gelatin-sensory-play/
7. Colorful Castles (Two Daloo) http://www.two-daloo.com/sensory-art-play-colorful-gelatin-castles/
8. Squish Bags (Stay At Home Educator) http://stayathomeeducator.com/gelatin-squish-bags-an-edible-sensory-bag-for-babies/
9. Princess Snot (Kids Play Box) http://www.kidsplaybox.com/sensory-activities-princess-snot/
10. Moldable Sand (Disney Imagicademy) https://disneyimagicademy.com/homemade-moldable-sand/