Monday Mingle: Jan. 31, Foodies and Recipes
I realize that during my vlog I didn’t specify that the peppers should be hollowed out. I am sure you all knew that, but just adding that on now in case it wasn’t clear.
Here is my state secret family friendly recipe:
Green Peppers, ground beef, onion, garlic, soya sauce, spaghetti sauce, rice
1. Take four Green Peppers (red works too.)
2. Hollow the peppers out and boil them on top of the stove for a few minutes. Drain the water and set them upside down to drain.
3. Microwave or boil about one cup of rice in a different dish.
4. Brown one pund of ground beef and get rid of extra grease. Saute the beef with one diced onion, a dash of soya sauce and a couple cloves of garlic, minced or diced.
5. Add spaghetti sauce to the mix and stir well.
6. Add the rce to the spaghetti sauce mix and stir.
6. Place small bit of the sauce mixture on bottom of casserole dish. Prop the peppers up inside the deep casserole dish. Fill them with the saucy rice mixture and if there’s some left over let it spill over the tops of peppers.
Cook at 350 degrees for about one hour. Yum!
Oh the recipe sounds good. I haven’t had stuffed green peppers in a long time. I think it would freak my husband out but I would love it. MMM
I love green peppers but hubs doesn’t so I always substitute red 🙂
Yay for Tassimo…I mentioned them in my vlog today too.
Good questions! 🙂
We are all coffee fiends. That’s too funny. Ok, now I *really* want a Tassimo.
Funny how fast time passes, huh?
I’ve never had stuffed peppers, those sound yummy. I love peppers, so this’ll be a good one to try.
Nice to meet you, thank you for submitting the questions this week for my first Monday Mingle.
My hubs & I LOVE stuffed pepers and that’s just about the way I make them (I add a little Worchestershire sauce and red wine to mine also).
I think we are all addicted to coffee – and our single cup brewers.
Hope you are having a great week, stay safe & warm.