Wedding cruises have become extremely popular over the past few years. Over the past few years, I have seen weddings on every cruise my family and I have been on. On the most recent Royal Caribbean cruise we took, I saw easily a dozen weddings, so I decided to do a little research. After all what could be more fun than a cruise wedding?
Wedding Cruises – Romance on the High Seas
People are getting out and saying their “I do’s” on the open sea more and more. I get it. It’s extremely romantic and quite unique. It’s also practical. I mean, you’ve got your wedding and your honeymoon all in one. The best part is that there are no shortage of packages for people who want to tie the knot at sea. Many cruise lines offer wedding packages which vary in price and intricacy, so there’s something to fit every budget. Let’s take a look.
Princess Cruises offers three options for wedding cruises. Each one is unique unto itself and still very much a seafaring adventure.
- Let the Captain Tie Your Seafaring Knot: Wedding ceremony performed in the Chapel or Library by the ship’s captain. One dozen rose bouquet. Boutonniere. 9″ single layer wedding cake. Bottle of sparkling wine. Two Princess logo champagne flutes. Keepsake wedding certificate.
- For Couples with Non-Sailing Guests: Wedding ceremony performed in the Chapel or Library by a local Officiant before departure. 1/2 dozen rose bouquet. Boutonniere. 9″ single layer wedding cake. Bottle of sparkling wine. Keepsake wedding certificate.
- A Different Kind of Beach Wedding: Wedding cruises don’t have to take place on the ship. Princess Cruises offers a beach wedding option featuring beach, garden, or glacier ceremony, depending on the cruise, performed by a local Officiate. Destination vows. Bridal bouquet. Boutonniere. Specialty cake for 2. Bottle of sparkling wine. Keepsake wedding certificate.
Carnival Cruises offers both weddings and vow renewal options. Couples can choose from shipboard or destination weddings from one of the most popular cruise lines in the world.
- Shipboard Wedding: For those couples who want the true feel that comes with wedding cruises. The package includes a pre-cruise wedding planner and priority check in assistance to ensure couples start off on the right foot. Couples will also receive a private wedding venue, wedding music, ceremony decor, 2 tiered wedding cake, photography (sold separately), sparkling wine, honeymoon dinners, and chocolate covered strawberries for the couple.
- Destination Wedding: This option features all of the wedding perks featured above, but is held on an excursion destination of the couple’s choice.
- Vow Renewal: Wedding cruises are also for vow renewal. Couples can renew their vows and commitment to one another on a beautiful cruise! Because this option features two different packages, I provided a link to the Carnival site to make it easier on you.
At first glance, you might think that Royal Caribbean doesn’t have as much to offer in wedding cruises. You’d be incorrect, though. In fact, Royal Caribbean might actually have the most to offer in wedding cruises. In fact, they have so many options, they encourage couples to contact Royal Caribbean wedding planners to go over the many options. Options that include: entertainment, flowers, receptions, spa services, photography, and more.
Wedding Cruises are the Ultimate in Romance
I have to say, I wish wedding cruises had been a thing back when my husband and I got married. We both love to go on cruises, and I know it would have been an amazing experience. Luckily, couples today CAN enjoy this incredibly romantic way of saying “I do”. The wedding cruises offered by these cruise lines are second to none and well worth a look for couples who are mulling over the idea of saying “I do” at sea.