Peanut Butter Cupcakes are moist and delicious and really great treats for kids. My kids are peanut butter junkies, especially the youngest one. She could live entirely on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and the occasional pizza too. I prefer my peanut butter in something sweet like these perfectly sweet Peanut Butter Cupcakes.
Do You Have a Sweet Tooth?
If you are like me and have a sweet tooth at all then you will love these Peanut Butter Cupcakes. They are pretty simple to make and there’s not a lot of ingredients required. And they will be a huge hit no matter who you share them with or serve them too.
As with all peanut products, or peanut butter baked goods, remember to be cautious where you take them. Always check if someone has an allergy to peanuts first.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- ⅓ C unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ C creamy peanut butter
- One and ¼ C light brown sugar
- A single egg, room temp
- A tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C whole milk, room temp
- Light Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and peanut butter together then add cream in the brown sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla into the creamed mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Alternate the addition of the dry ingredients with the milk, a third of each at a time.
- With a medium ice cream scoop fill the lined muffin cups two-thirds full
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Light Peanut Butter Frosting Directions:
- Cream peanut butter and butter together with an electric mixer until the combination becomes a light shade about for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, mixing until well combined.
- Check for consistency of the frosting check to see if the frosting will hold a peak. If not add more powdered sugar, if too thick pour in the heavy cream a tablespoon at a time beating until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer beat on high for 3-4 minutes. The buttercream should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Working on the outside begin frosting the cupcake in a circular motion from outside to the center of the cupcake.
Peanut Butter Fan or Not?
What’s your favourite way to bake with peanut butter? What’s that one thing you truly love? Have you ever made peanut butter cupcakes?