Fresh strawberries floating around? Ontario strawberries are the best. This time of year strawberries are so fresh! But they don’t keep forever you know. That’s why they will be perfect in these Scrumptious Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes.
In Ontario in June and July you can find the ripest, freshest strawberries around. Now maybe that’s true for some other areas too, but I just know that here we have some amazing berry orchards and U-Pick places. That always makes me happy. Hoping to spend some time visiting a pick your own kind of strawberry farm soon. And with that in mind this season I am using strawberries to make these scrumptious strawberry cream cheese cupcakes. YUM!
From fresh strawberries on their own to toppings on oatmeal or in fruit salad, strawberries are versatile. Of course they are a staple ingredient in smoothies too around here.
This time of year as we wrap up school and we fall into the lazy days of summer well, it’s time to start collecting recipes for treats we can share and special recipes we can make and take to picnics and family events.
I think these Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes are the best!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- Strawberry cream cheese Cupcakes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/3 C chopped strawberries filling
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted sweet cream butter room temp
- 2 eggs
- And 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pink gel food coloring
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C soft unsalted sweet cream butter
- 8 oz cream cheese package softened
- 4 C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C chopped strawberries
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- -Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- -Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- -Beat butter on high speed until smooth and creamy about one minute.
- -Add the sugar beating on high until the butter and sugar are creamed together. (3-4 minutes)
- -Beat on medium-high speed while adding in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- -Reducing the speed to low begin to add the dry ingredients, next add some of the milk. Alternate with the flour mixture and milk, mix after each addition, and ending with the addition of the flour mixture. Be careful to just blend the ingredients not over beat.
- -Using a spatula gently fold in the egg whites, chopped strawberries, and pink dye .
- -Using a medium ice cream scoop fill the batter into the lined cupcake tins.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- -Allow to cool in the cupcake pan for about 5 minutes.
- -Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting Directions:
- -Cream the butter, cream cheese, chopped strawberries and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- -If it doesn't cream add 2 tbs of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- -If too thin, add in 1/4 C of powder sugar
- -Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- - Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.... mix well.
- -If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
Here is the Pinterest Pinnable Image for Later.
Don’t forget to return and tell me if you make these!