By now you’ve heard of freak shakes. A glorious excessive sweet celebratory shake that just screams summer. I’ll be honest I think I could manage about one of these a year at best. But it would be worth it. This candy bubble gum shake is the perfect way to kick summer holidays off this year. I plan to make a bubble gum crazy shake for the last day of school with my kids.
Crazy shakes, or freak shakes, are a huge craze right now. And there are as many different shakes as there are candies out there. So really, you could make these with whatever you have on hand at home, or you could go raid the local Bulk Food Store and get a few of your favourites for these candy bubble gum crazy freak shakes.
Pin This one for Later – > (above)
There’s nothing nutritious about these at all. But they are fun and there’s nothing at all wrong with celebrating once in awhile. I happen to think the start of summer, or the successful completion of a school year is worth a treat like this. You might even share them with the kids. LOL. Sorry, not sorry.
Celebrate With a Candy Bubble Gum Shake
- 2 C of vanilla ice cream
- ¼ C of vanilla frosting
- 1 container of strawberry sauce
- One Cup whole milk
- 1 package of sweet tart chewy
- Small bag of jolly rancher chewy candy
- 1 container of sour patch straws multi colour
- Several lolli pops
- A container of airhead sour strips
- 1 can of whipped cream
- Using a milkshake machine or a blender, add in the ice cream and milk and blend until smooth.
- Place into freezer while you prep the glass.
- Take a knife or your finger, and coat the outer rim of the glass in vanilla frosting.
- Roll the glass in the Sweet Tart chewy candy
- Drizzle strawberry syrup in the glass then fill with the milkshake
- top with whipped cream and remaining candy and drizzle the strawberry syrup.
Plain vanilla ice cream is a necessity this time of year. I often sub in frozen yogurt here just because, even if it’s a treat I can sneak in small ways to make the calories less traumatic afterwards.
FYI, if you are hunting for an easy banana split recipe read my post on Easy Banana Splits.
Every now and then, it’s good to celebrate. It’s summer after all. Enjoy this refreshing and sweet treat this summer! Crazy shakes, or freak shakes, can be as big, or as tame as you want.
Candy Bubble Gum Crazy Shakes and Freak Shakes are Over the Top
Have you ever had one of these Candy Bubble Gum crazy shakes? Or have you had any kind of crazy or freak shake so far this year? What was in it and if you made one tomorrow what would you put in it?
To make this recipe simply at home you can use the Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links as a service to my readers. I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you for qualifying purchases.