It’s no secret that our breadmaker has been working around the clock here to churn out constant recipes. This past week, my oldest daughter decided she’d try glazed apple bread in the bread machine. I know I keep saying this, but this recipe really is the best bread recipe yet.
Post may contain affiliate links as a service to readers.
Also, in case you are interested, our breadmaker is a Hamilton Beach bread maker and we love it. Affordable and easy to use, we love this small appliance. It’s been a huge piece of our quarantine sanity. I don’t mean that as a slight in any way to anyone struggling.
Our Quarantine Bread Maker Adventures
In fact, the bread maker has simply helped us to make some scrumptious food and breads here. Also, it’s something my anxious teen has been using to work through some of the extra anxiety she has right now. Oh, trust me, we are pleading in mental health supports too, but this is a hit here for our family.
This glazed apple cinnamon bread has exceptional consistency and the flavour is fruity and sweet. I admit I am never 100% sure about chunks of fruit in recipes. Sometimes, the chunks of fruit create a texture thing that makes me feel a bit unenthusiastic let’s just say. But, I feel like this one has the right combination of apple and cinnamon and bread.
Glazed Apple Bread in the Bread Maker
- Hamilton Beach Bread machine
- measuring spoons
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 apples diced and peeled Red Delicious
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp bread machine yeast
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp melted butter or margarine
- Dice the apples and set aside to cure in 1 tbsp sugar for 1/2 hour.
- Set aside icing sugar and warm water.
- Put all the other ingredients into the bread maker.
- Add apple mixture at end of the ingredients and before you start the bread maker cycle.
- Set bread maker for 1.5 lb (white if you have that setting)
- Cool on the rack for at least 15 minutes
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and melted butter for glaze and blend until smooth. If it feels to thin when you start to glaze, add a little more icing sugar.
- Drizzle the glaze over top of the loaf.Let it sit for 20 minutes, then slice and serve.
Apples, apple cinnamon bread served slightly warm still…Well, is there anything more comforting and tasty. Also, listen there’s no better smell or scent than this all afternoon or all morning wafting through the house. It is the sweetest scent ever.
Have you ever made apple bread? Don’t worry this recipe isn’t overly sweet. The glaze just adds a little something it needs.