Blueberry lemonade cupcakes are the perfect treat to share this spring and summer. After all, summer is fast approaching! Maybe not quick enough for some of my readers. But don’t worry it’s on the way. That means countless opportunities to get outdoors and enjoy your yards and decks and campsites and Recreational vehicles too. And of course there’s so much entertaining.
But if you are at all like me you always wonder what to serve. These sweet and tart cupcakes will go beautifully at any picnic, bake sale or cupcake worthy event. I mean any excuse to eat scrumptious cupcakes, right?
Summer is not so far off. That means pool parties and birthday parties and barbecues and Father’s Day and so many great occasions to celebrate! I look forward to serving some of these in the summer months back by my pool. Maybe for the end of the year pool party, a new tradition the kids started last year. Obviously these Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes beg to be served with a pitcher of ice cold lemonade. If your kids are older and really inspired they could set these up with a lemonade stand and sell both for fun and or for charity.
These Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes could be perfect for a picnic too! I love the flavour combination of sweet and tangy. It’s pretty much perfect in my opinion. Garnish with a thin slice of lemon and serve.
[tweetthis]Are you a fan of sweet or sour? [/tweetthis]
[tweetthis]Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes add a splash of flavour to any event.[/tweetthis]
Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ¾ cup cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- One tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberry puree
- Blueberry Puree
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with liners
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Use an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Then add vanilla.
- Finally add flour mixture, alternating with milk.
- Beat on medium speed to create a cake-like batter .
- Stir in puree and mix until the batter turns blue.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add into paper liners
- Bake for 18 minutes check by a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool for 20 minutes
- Blueberry Puree:
- Combine all the Blueberries, sugar and cornstarch mentioned in blueberry section above and puree.
- Place puree in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly for a warm sauce, completely before adding to a batter. Store in the refrigerator.
- Beat butter for 4 minutes with whisk attachment on an electric mixer in a chilled medium sized bowl
- Add powdered sugar and lemonade.
- Beat an additional 3-5 minutes, until smooth and fluffy
Tasty Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes
These blueberry lemonade cupcakes are my favourites and readers like them too. If you love this refreshing treat and make this one from my recipe please return to let me know how it turned out.