Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is the most amazing treat to share. There’s something so moist and decadent and truly one of a kind about Peanut Butter Cookie Pie. The cookie part makes it so much fun.
I love peanut cookies to start with, and so does my younger daughter. She is the world’s biggest peanut butter fan. Thank goodness this child doesn’t have a peanut allergy or we’d be at a total loss for what to feed her. I mean I suppose there’s always pizza. She could subsist on pizza, carrots and celery and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Anyways if you are looking for a fun new treat to share at home or with friends this is it. Moist and comforting somehow peanut butter cookies are such a happy family treat. At home, they are a family favourite and so simple to make. Peanut butter cookie pie takes the peanut butter cookie recipe and elevates it. I call this one loaded peanut butter cookie pie simply because of all the goodness on top.
Obviously don’t share peanuts without knowing if any child or friend is allergic first. I can’t share this one when my niece or nephew are around, and I certainly am sure to steer clear of all allergens when they are visiting. And I never take nuts or baked goods featuring nuts to bake sales or extracurriculars because that is a disaster waiting to happen and a health risk for many. However, at home peanut butter cookies are a fan favourite.
RECIPE Below – you will want to pin this for later.
- A 9inch ready to bake pie crust
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- ¾ C brown sugar
- And ¾ C sugar
- ½ C peanut butter
- Use 1 egg
- Pour 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- Measure 2 tsp cornstarch
- Just ½ tsp kosher salt
- One single tsp baking soda
- Set aside ½ C Reese Pieces plus some for topping
- ½ C peanut butter chips plus some for topping
- And ½ C chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9inch pie dish
- Roll out the pie crust into the dish and press it firmly down
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until combined.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until fully combined
- Stir in the candy, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips
- Press into the pie crust
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- /2 C powder sugar
- /4 C creamy peanut butter
- Use 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Using disposable bag with a star tip
- Frosting directions:
- In a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop into the piping bag and set aside
- Once the cookie pie is completely cooled, pipe frosting around the edge and top with Reese Piece's and peanut butter chips.
Add this Peanut Butter Cookie Pie to Your Favourite Family Recipes
I am sure this peanut butter cookie pie will soon be a family favourite for you too!