Your comments are gold! Your comments are wonderful! They are magical and well thought out and they are evidence that you are highly intelligent and sophisticated life form. I love it when you share your smart brains and thoughts and words in comment form. It makes me happy. You might not always agree with me, and that’s fine, but you are reading and that’s the most important thing here. If you are also a blogger, then you know bloggers treasure comments. We often read each one. Prospective, and current clients, read them too. They are fuel that sometimes keeps us going. They are also our currency.
Comments are a measure of success as a blogger sometimes. They can tell you that you have connected with a reader’s heart or brain, or even with their wallet, if it’s a matter of saving them money. They are often well thought out and helpful.
BUT NOT TODAY.
That’s not what today is about. I thought it would be good to clear out my spam comments folder this morning. Every now and then we bloggers read those spam comments just to be sure that a regular reader’s comment or giveaway entry didn’t get lost there by accident. So that’s what I did. Often spam comments are boring and obvious. Sorry to say but 20 lines of links to on line shoe sales screams I am trying to hijack your SEO and trick you, silly blogger.
This morning I began to laugh out loud at some of the ridiculous – NO REDONKULOUS – odd comments some spam computer bot or person has left here this year.
I thought that you too, dear reader, might appreciate these comical and random comments. I am even thinking about making this a new feature called THAT’S SO Random. It’s better than dubbing it what I really want to dub it: WTF? or WTH?
So here is the first ever That’s so Random episode of Thrifty Momma’s Tips ODDBALL comments. I hope you enjoy.
- Hi. And. Bye. (points for keeping it short I guess.)
- AMAZING Post.thanks for share.more wait. (what?)
- There are a few interesting points in-time in this article but I don’t
know basically see all of them center to center. There’s some quality but I will take hold impression until I consider it further.
Excellent article, thanks and we want more! (UM, okay then…I’m also considering this comment further.)
- The next time I read a website, I really hope that it doesnt disappoint me like this one.I mean, I know it had been my decision to read, but I really thought you’d have something interesting to say. (Laughing out loud as I read your comment, sir…Remember that Saturday Night Live skit – Dana Carvey as a flight attendant? BA BYE. No, uhdubit…uhzipppit…uh uh Ba Bye…Ba Bye. YEAH THAT.)
- I actually don’t care about this since I began making $4,000 a month on the Internet.
- I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web. (Welcome to the Dark Side. Did you have any trouble riding over on your horse and buggy?)
- I could care less about infertility. I noticed that your SEO could be improved though. Did you know (insert random name of SEO company) can improve your on page SEO and get you better results in search rankings now.
- This is a pretty okay post. I am thinking about starting blog and I wondered if you could recommend me any widgets that you like. (Pretty okay – that’s what I was going for. I wake up most days and I think I will write something pretty okay today. Oh and I like how the half arsed compliment is then followed by a request for help. That’s awesome. Let me search through all my files to help you…..NOT.)
- I found your site was much handy for me. If u keep going this perfect work I’ll come back at ur weblog! (Wait for it….This sounds like a kind of nice and innocuous comment, right? USERNAME – SEXDATE. AND NOW BLOCKING YOU. )
- You can study a lot about aerial dog fighting by watching hummingbirds.
There are portable finders such as the Fishin’ Buddy Series along with the Smart – Cast series. They eat, they squabble with one another after which they
eat some more. (Alrighty then. That’s so random.)
- You accurately don’t know anything about Girl On The Train novel. (You might accurately not know anything about grammar..ACTUALLY and thanks so much for your kind and well thought out comment. )
Please don’t let this discourage you dear reader. Some people can spell and a few remember basic grammar rules. But clearly oddballs are alive and well on the Internet.
Which odd blog comment was your favourite? Have you ever had a comment that made you go HMMMM? That’s so random.