One of a Kind Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Is there anything tastier than the rich flavour of cheesecake? I don’t think so. It’s one of my all time favourite desserts. So when I can build something a bit different with the same delicious base idea, then I get excited. These cheesecake egg rolls are a great combination of flavours. The crunch of an egg roll and the sweet taste of a cheesecake.
Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and plate nicely with a dollop of whipped cream and this dessert treat will be the hit of any occasion.
These are the perfect treat to take or serve at any event. You are guaranteed to be sure that nobody else will be making the same thing. Cheesecake egg rolls standout as a unique contribution to any party or family event.
The filling will be hot so don’t eat them straight away.
Now I just need a gluten free variation of these cheesecake egg rolls so that I can eat them myself.
Decadent Cheesecake EggRolls
- 6-8 Egg roll wrappers The amount of completed Cheesecake Egg Rolls you end up with all depends on how much you fill each one.
- Cheesecake Filling recipe below
- Canola Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream to top optional
- *Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese softened
- 8 tsp. sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 C. whipped topping
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- You don’t have to submerge the entire egg roll in oil, so an inch or two of oil is sufficient.
- On each egg roll wrapper, scoop about 3 tablespoons of cheesecake filling.
- Wrap the egg roll. You do this in an envelope shape. You can usually find directions on the egg roll wrappers, or look online for instructions.
- Drop egg rolls in a few at a time carefully into heated oil. This will only take a few minutes. Just turn until brown on all sides
- Carefully remove from oil and drain on a brown paper bag or on paper towels.
- Let them cool off for a few minutes. Have them as-is, or add powdered sugar, whipped cream, or strawberries!
- Cheesecake Filling Instructions:
- Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. (You can also use an electric hand mixer)
- While mixer is going, slowly add sweetened condensed milk.
- Scrape the sides as you go.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice one at a time, making sure each gets combined thoroughly.
- Add whipped topping and mix just until combined.
Don’t Forget These:
Here are a few items I recommend using or having on hand if you are the kind of person who enjoys baking. Post may contain affiliate links as a service to readers. I receive a small commission on qualifying purchases made via these links.