I love soups and crockpot recipes and I love to experiment with spices too. Sometimes the ingredients and the results are magical. This Thai Coconut Curry Soup recipe is one of those magical meals. This is quite a versatile recipe. This recipe goes well with beef, chicken, shrimp, or just vegetarian and with some rice noodle. It serves two people, comfortably. When I have used either beef or chicken, I make sure I cook it aside first and then cut it into bit size pieces. Also, you cut up your veggies any way it looks more appealing to you..
Thai Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 a bell pepper cut into thin strips (any color of pepper is fine)
- 1/2 an onion cut into thin strips,
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- Handful of baby spinach chopped
- 1 cup of Chicken broth
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 jar of Thai red curry paste
- Thai basil
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- Sautee the ginger, garlic and onions in the coconut oil until soft. Add the pepper, carrots and spinach and sautee for another minute. Add the Curry paste. Cook for another minute. Pour the chicken broth and allow it to simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the can of coconut milk and bring to boil.
- If you decide to use raw shrimp, this is when you should add it. Allow it to boil for another couple of minutes or until shrimp is all pink. Serve it over plain white rice or with some rice noodles.