Say Good Bye to Stinky Sports Gear #ChurchandDwight #Giveaway
I am a Mom to extremely active girls, who do martial arts, and theatre and horseback riding, track and field and swimming and well, honestly the list seems endless some weeks. Soon we add skating and skiing to the mix. Hallelujah for snow sports. I love them. But what I don’t love is stinky sports gear.
The sports gear that comes with each activity can get extremely unpleasant smelling. When we ski we sweat profusely. That’s the sign of a great workout. When Ainsley rides her horse at SARI therapy riding, those nights are stop, drop the clothing in the laundry room immediately, and jump into the shower. The benefits of horseback riding for her are so great, but horses have a super distinct smell and riding pants and socks tend to absorb the fresh farm aroma fast.
Don’t even get me started about the karate sports gear. My kids spar and they warm up and they do their forms and their lessons and if you don’t think that’s a workout then you’ve never really watched a teen dripping sweat in the dojo while doing a complex series of rolls and high kicks and finger sets. It all looks very artistic and impressive when they are doing their lessons and when they are competing. But, it does not smell the best when the lesson is done.
Watching your child succeed at any sport or artistic activity is rewarding and fulfilling. There’s nothing better than seeing my kids perform and feel proud of their own accomplishments.
Prepare for Winter sports season:
Stay on Top of Smelly Sports Gear
1) Develop a routine: The fall and winter months are nuts. One of my girls is in her eighth year of theatre and I am still barely on top of her schedule. Thankfully it’s show week right now so that activity is in high gear this week and next, but it will soon taper off and make way for more martial arts time and then skiing season arrives. Establish a schedule and use your phone or apps to keep track of who goes where at what time. I’d be lost without my iPhone calendar. Stick to a homework schedule and ensure that any athletic bags are ready to go when needed. Around here we have a theatre bag with dance clothing, scripts, and shoes and we have a separate martial arts bag for each of the girls.
2) Banish smelly sports gear: It’s surprising how such a big smell can come from a kid! Girls too. Any sports gear gets sweaty when when your child is working hard and giving it their all. Stop stinky sports gear from taking over. Air out equipment after each use. Wash items that can be machine washed. Pro tip: Use a detergent that’s up to the challenge such as OxiCleanTM HD Liquid Laundry Detergent and Arm & HammerTM Plus OxiCleanTM Cold Water Power Paks – For the riding pants and socks that Ainsley uses this is CRUCIAL. That stuff needs to be cleaned right away.
3) Maintain a positive attitude: The number one goal (pun intended!) for your child doing any sort of sports activity should be having fun and getting exercise. Whether it’s a “win” or “lose” being part of a team can help your child learn valuable life skills and feel that they belong somewhere with a group of likeminded active peers. My one daughter gets that from her theatre group. My other daughter really finds martial arts and skiing to be her happiest places. She was meant to be active.
4) Get to know other sports or theatre parents: Creating a network of other parents can add a fun social element to the experience. Plus, it’s a great way to stay connected and easily be able to coordinate carpools and call-in a last minute favour if you can’t make a practice.
5) Make some memories: Take pictures, attend the games and the tournaments when you are able. Celebrate with your child when they excel at something and be the shoulder they can safely vent on when they are upset with the way a game or lesson or tournament turned out.
What are your tips for surviving sports with your kids?
I am giving away a bundle of goodies to help you get through winter sports season. Good Luck! Open to Canada only!
- OxiCleanTM HD Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Arm & HammerTM Plus OxiCleanTM Cold Water Power Paks
- Arm & HammerTM Baking Soda
- Arm & HammerTM SpinbrushTM battery powered toothbrush The Ultimate Spider-Man TM
- OrajelTM Spider-ManTM Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste
Total Value: Approx. $35
I am a Church and Dwight ambassador and as such I have been compensated.
I want to try this on my performance sports gear!
I would love to try this on my sons smelly socks and work clothes
I would love to try OxiCleanTM HD Liquid Laundry Detergent on the family clothes. I have a nephew who would the spin brush and toothpaste.
I would like to use these products for every day family chores and habits. Super handy.
I would love to try this product to see if it can handle sweaty soaked under armour that walks itself to the washing machine every time he comes of the ice…
I would love to try these products on my daughters smelly socks. So many great products.
I have two smelly teenages boys and would love to use it on their clothes.
this would be fantastic on my hubbys work clothes
I really want to try the cold water power packs because they look so convenient
Have always liked using arm and hammer products.
I would like to use these products for every day family chores
I would love to try this to see if it can tackle all those yucky gym clothes
I’d love to see how well it tackles sweat stains!
I like Arm and Hammer products and am keen on trying the Cold water paks
we love using their baking soda for everything! from cleaning the house to baking
I already use Oxiclean products and love them. I`d love to try the Arm & HammerT Plus OxiCleanT Cold Water Power Paks,never tried them before.
I want to use this on my gym gear!
I’d like to use this for our day to day cleaning!
I would love to win because these are all items we can use daily!
I want to use this for heavy duty stains!
My son is a walking mustard-disaster, he gets it all over his clothes & it’s quite difficult to remove. I’d love to try the Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Cold Water Power Paks to rid the stains.
Would love to try the OxiCleanTM HD Liquid Laundry Detergent on my hubby’s work clothes, right now they are the items that get stinky.
I would use these products for my whole family, especially the kids gym stuff that gets pretty stinky.
I would love to try OxiCleanTM HD Liquid Laundry Detergent on MY SON’S HOCKEY CLOTHES!
I notice that sometimes my laundry does not smell fresh so I would like to try a new detergent.
I want to use this product so I can tackle my sports gear.
Want to use the products to tackle hubby’s work clothes which get quite dirty & smelly.
I would love to try these products out, some of them i have never tried before! The Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Cold Water Power Paks would come in handy
I like trying new products like these ones.
I want to use this product on my sports gear.
Would love to try the laundry products out to see how they work!
Would love to try these out and see how they work on getting our laundry clean & fresh.
I would love to try the laundry products out to see how well they work!
Would love to try the Arm & HammerTM Plus OxiCleanTM Cold Water Power Paks because they sound so convenient!
I want to win this to try this on my performance sports gear!
With 3 kids always on the go and swim team gear bags I need this!!! That is why I want to win!!
Would love to try out and see if these products make a difference to my laundry.
I want to win this to try this to try the detergent on my performance sports gear!
I want to try some of these products on my performance sports gear!
I am a fan of Arm and Hammer products.
I want to try some of these products on my performance sports gear!!
This prize package would be great to use on my husband’s running, biking, swimming & all other manner of triathlon gear. Somedays I swear it can walk on its own.
I WANT TO USE THE Arm & HammerT Plus OxiClean Cold Water Power Paks BECAUSE I WASH MOST OF MY LAUNDRY IN COLD WATER AND NEED GOOD PRODUCTS FOR THAT.
I want to try the Arm & HammerT Plus OxiClean Cold Water Power Paks because I like using power paks.