If you know me at all, then you know my love for caramel is bigger than most food crushes. In fact, caramel and chocolate combined are my favourite indulgence and I can’t ever say no to Turtles. These easy Turtle Nilla Wafer sandwiches are the best thing ever.
I keep trying to find more ways to build chocolate and caramel recipes because it makes me ridiculously happy to bake with these ingredients. There’s really no way to mess this up in my opinion.
Table of Contents
Don’t Miss This Turtle Style Treat!
If you like this recipe, then you might also enjoy this scrumptious Rice Krispie Turtles treat recipe.
Turtle Nilla Wafer Sandwiches
- mixing bowl
- 1 11 ounce box Nilla Wafers
- 1 11 ounce bag Rolo Caramel Candies
- 1 8 ounce bag milk chocolate morsels
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place half of the Nilla Wafers in a single layer on baking sheet. Unwrap candies and place one on each cookie.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until the candies are soft but not runny. Remove from oven and immediately press another Nilla Wafer against the top of each to create a sandwich.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave on high, stirring every 15 to 20 seconds until melted. Do not overheat as the chocolate will seize. If the chocolate becomes tough, you can add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Do not add water.
- Cover each sandwich in chocolate, allowing excess to run back into the bowl. Place the cookie on waxed paper.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Allow chocolate to set completely before serving. To speed the process, you can place the cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.
There are about 160 calories per two sandwiches. Worth it. These are a delicious treats and extremely easy to make, as you can tell. So fast! Your teen can easily make this on their own.
Fast and Tasty Chocolate Treats
These are the perfect bite-sized snacks. Chocolate and caramel and listen let’s be real…when you buy these at the store, you pay a LOT for something very similar that you can make at home. So, basically, you save money by making these.
Sweet Treats to Share
These turtle nilla wafer sandwiches make such a simple treat fast. Have a bake sale or a party coming up? Grab the ingredients and make these quickly. So very tasty and sweet too.
I truly cannot get enough of chocolate and caramel. The crunch of the wafers in the middle of the treats!! SO very perfect!
Not able to get to the grocery store to buy the wafers? Here’s the Amazon link to Nilla Wafers by Nabisco.
Post contains affiliate links as a service to readers. I receive a small commission via qualifying purchases.