Road trip season has begun in earnest around here, so I am stocking up on a few road trip necessities. Car and van trips can be equal parts fun and chaos. Stack the deck in favour of fun and be prepared for anything with these popular brands.
This past weekend we headed to Muskoka and the Huntsville area for a weekend away at Ontario Pioneer Camp Blogger’s Weekend. We have several more road trips and plane trips in the works this season and I am looking forward to each one. BUT, I am also preparing for each because road trips with kids can sometimes equal chaos and upset stomachs.
A couple of years ago we had a road trip that was incredibly unpleasant. One daughter had some sort of upset with her stomach. Not really sure what happened there. But the second we hopped in the van for the drive through Toronto she got car sick. Luckily we eventually met up with a bus full of bloggers and a Mama blogger took one look at my green girl and broke out the children’s chewable Gravol.
Gravol is one of our most important summer road trip necessities here. That one trip and endless car sick experience made a Gravol fan out of this Mom.
Canada Day kicks cottage season into high gear. That means family gatherings, fireworks and cross-country road trips. There are a lot of things that can leave children feeling sick.
Here are my seven road trip necessities
(and they are also made in Canada.)
- Gravol™ Gravol™ is part of our medicine cabinet arsenal. For children who suffer from car sickness (or too many turns on the merry-go-round), this fits the bill: GRAVOL™Kids™ Quick Dissolve Chewables. These great tasting cherry-flavoured tablets offer the best in convenience and portability, eliminating the need to take with water. That makes these ideal for road trips and plane trips too. These are great for treatment of nausea, vomiting and dizziness due to motion sickness.
- Gravol™ Quick Dissolve Chewables comes in a version for adults too in great-tasting zesty orange-flavour.
- Prefer organic relief? GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Liquid Gel Capsules are a Natural Health Product made with naturally sourced certified organic Ginger (the only medical ingredient) for the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting. GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Liquid Gel capsules are taste free, easy to swallow, and non-drowsy. I use these ones myself. I find they are just right for me and they don’t make me drowsy. With a good Canadian Gingerale sometimes that’s all I need to stop churning stomach after food that doesn’t agree with me.
- Ovol™ – Ovol™ helps to relieve one of the most embarrassing (and painful) stomach problems – gas! Ovol™ Ultra Strength Softgels work quickly to break down trapped gas in the stomach and intestines. It helps gas bubbles fuse together making them easier to get rid of through belching or flatulence.
- To relieve a baby’s gassy tummy, Ovol™ Drops provide gentle and fast relief of colic, bloating and gas. The pleasant mint-flavoured drops make them easy for parents to administer. If you have a baby you should have some of these on hand.
- Diovol™ Nothing more predictable for me than heartburn after a big meal. Diovol™ Liquid Plus Mint helps cut the heartburn.
- Diovol™ Tablets Plus Tropical Fruit work well for those who don’t like the mint taste of Diovol Liquid Plus Mint. Diovol doesn’t stop the body from its naturally producing acid – it reacts to neutralize or buffer excess stomach acid.
Road Trip Necessities:
Summer Road Trips don’t have to be a pain in the neck. They can be fun for everyone as long as you keep a few road trip necessities on hand for emergencies. What are your tried and true ‘Made in Canada’ products that you rely on in summer?
I am part of the Church and Dwight Blog Ambassador team and as such I received compensation and a few other perks. My opinion is all my own and it is also 100% truthful.