It’s the season for Christmas baking. The Amish know a thing or two about that. Here’s one of my favourite cookie recipes. These Amish peppermint mocha sugar cookies are sure to knock your socks off.
I don’t have a lot of time for baking lately, but when I do bake, then it’s something I know everyone will love. Amish baking traditions are rich and have been around for a long time. What I love about these Amish peppermint mocha sugar cookies is that there are no really extra far out unnecessary ingredients. Most of the ingredients are actually pretty easy to find.
Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
These Amish sugar cookies are just the right blend of sugary smooth buttery goodness and bright crunchy peppermint. I love peppermint this time of year especially. What’s a bit different about this recipe is the addition of chocolate chips. Everyone knows that chocolate and peppermint are the best combination of flavours!
Amish Peppermint Mocha Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter soft
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
tsp cream of tartar
cup chocolate chips
cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter – melted for icing
- 1 tsp vanilla for icing
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract for icing
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk for icing also
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar for icing
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Cookie Directions: Beat butter, oil, sugar, and powdered sugar with the electric mixer until combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract to the butter mixture. Beat to blend.
- Add to a large bowl flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Slowly begin to add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Beat immediately after each addition.
- Don't overmix.
- Use the mini cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes. (Or until the edges are slightly brown)
- Allow to slightly cool before transferring to the wire racks to cool completely.
- Icing Directions: Add butter, vanilla, peppermint extract, and 1/4 cup of milk together in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
- Mix after each addition. Continue to mix until smooth. (Total of 4 cups of powdered sugar)
- Use a large spoon to drizzle the icing on the cookies.
The icing is a simple add-on and more like a glaze actually.
Peppermint Mocha Cookies to Share
Enjoy This New Take on a Sugar Cookie!
Love Cookies and Holiday Recipes?
Here are several more for you to check out and make this season.
My Gingerbread Chai Latte is the best drink in winter months.
The best roundup of fun little Santa Treats is right here. Don’t Miss it!!