If you know me at all, then you are aware of my love for chai latte. Chai tea latte is my favourite beverage on the planet. I can drink it all year round but it’s my favourite thing to order from Starbucks when I travel. There’s something very comforting and smooth about a chai tea latte.
This time of year gingerbread is also a smooth partner in so many holiday recipes. Gingerbread cookies and treats are synonymous with Christmas. Gingerbread is to Christmas what pumpkin is to Halloween. So Gingerbread chai latte is like the perfect storm of Christmas drinks.
Festive Gingerbread Chai Latte
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Chai tea bag
- Boil water in tea kettle or stovetop.
- Let tea bag steep for about 8 minutes
- Blend almond milk, cinnamon, ginger and maple syrup in a mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the gingerbread mixture into your favorite holiday mug, filling the mug about ¾ full.
- Then fill the rest of the mug with the hot chai tea.
- You can play with more or less of the chai tea and mixture to see what you prefer.