14 Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda Uses That Are Outside The Box #Giveaway #ChurchandDwight
Baking soda uses are many and varied. It’s a magical inexpensive tool for the home, really, but not everyone knows all of its abilities. In my twenties, I thought baking soda was mostly used in baking, odour removal. In my 30s I started using Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda for cleaning. But there are many other uses too. Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda has been helping generations of Canadian families cook and clean for decades.
Baking Soda Uses You Probably Never Knew
Over the years, the team at Arm & Hammer – with the help of their loyal fans – have come up with more than 100 uses for baking soda and I’m sharing some of my favourites here.
- Heartburn Relief: Mix 1/2 teaspoon with 4 ounces of water to relieve heartburn.
Baby, baby, baby. Baking soda is an all-natural cleaning product that’s gentle enough for baby clothes, yet effective enough for big baby odours. It can be used to treat spills on carpets, clean equipment and toys, deodorize baby bottles and diaper pails as well as freshen stuffed animals to give them a new life.
Not just for cooking in the kitchen. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a staple baking ingredient as it causes dough or batter to rise, becoming light and porous when heated. It can also be used in the kitchen to clean lunch boxes, microwave ovens, dishes, pots and pans, recyclables, drains and garbage disposals. Did I mention it removes odours from plastic containers, polishes silver, freshens sponges and stinky sinks, refreshes tea pots, cups and mugs and works great as a fruit and vegetable scrub? It’s also a common deodorizer for fridges and freezers. Change the box every 30 days.
- Soothe Skin: Add 1 cup of baking soda to your bathwater to soften and soothe skin.
- Relieve Insect Bites: Use a simple paste of baking soda and water to soothe insect bites.
- Easily Relieve Diaper Rash: Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to baby’s bathwater to help soothe irritated diaper rash areas.
Tackles the greasiest of garages. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda safely cleans your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without you having to worry about unwanted scratch marks. It’s also a great deodorizer for car interiors and camper water tanks and tackles oil and grease stains on your garage floor or driveway.
Don’t forget to take it outside. It is a must-have for your next camping trip! It’s a dish and pot scrubber, hand cleanser and deodorant, just to name a few. It also cleans your plastic and vinyl pool toys as well as lawn furniture when it’s time to bring them out for the summer and works wonders on barbecue grills.
- DIY Air and Fabric Freshener: Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 5 to 6 drops of any essential oil in a spray bottle and fill with water. Spray into the air or on furniture.
- Laundry Detergent Booster: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry to soften water for better cleaning.
- Never fret about your floors. It helps remove unsightly scuff marks without unwanted scratch marks from tile and no-wax floors. It’s also great at neutralizing common household odours and freshens stale-smelling air in your home.
- Keep Flowers Fresh: Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your flower vase to keep your blooms fresh and beautiful for a longer period.
- Natural Bean-O: Sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda to your water when soaking your beans to prevent the gas that comes with eating them.
- Keep Ants Away: Mix equal parts baking soda and salt and sprinkle wherever you see ants entering your home.
Baking Soda Uses that are Outside the Box
Because of the gentle and all natural formula of Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda, it’s a popular personal hygiene product for many. It can be used as a body and facial scrub, hand cleanser and a refreshing bath soak. It also helps to fight bad breath and body odour and is great for washing hair.
For a full list of these 100 uses of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and usage instructions, visit www.armandhammer.ca. You’ll find them under the ‘Solutions’ tab.
We’re offering one lucky reader the chance to win 12 boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda – one for every month of the year – in celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary! Share your favourite baking soda secret for a chance to win!
Baking Soda Uses Giveaway:
Giveaway includes the following Arm & Hammer Baking Soda products:
· Three (3) 250g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
· Nine (9) 500g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
I am a Church and Dwight ambassador and as such I have received compensation for this post.
My best baking soda secret is mix it up with coconut oil and it makes a perfect scrub for your face.
That is a great tip. I didn’t know that.