Make Your Own Banana Hair Mask.
I’ve been experimenting this winter with some do it yourself concoctions. This is one of them. I hope you enjoy it. It’s easy and super fun to make. Give your kids some of the ingredients and have them help.
DIY Banana Hair Mask
This is the perfect way to use up those over ripe bananas. They can be made into a deeply moisturizing hair mask which can also do wonders for the hair on your scalp. Packed full of Vitamins A, C & E as well as potassium, bananas are the goto fruit for homemade hair treatments. This quick and easy recipe will leave your hair feeling soft and conditioned.
Enough for one application
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 3 Tbs of Coconut Milk
- Using a fork, mash the banana and avocado together in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and mix together well to form a paste.
- Use immediately
- Massage into dry hair and leave for 15 mins.
- For optimal effect, wrap your hair in a warm towel for 15 mins.
- Rinse the paste from your hair with warm water and then wash your hair as usual.
- If you have very dry or damaged hair you can leave out the avocado and replace the coconut milk with coconut oil
Super easy, right? Give it a try and let me know what you think of this DIY banana hair mask.
Have you ever made your own hair products?