This post contains affiliate links as a service to my readers. If you make a purchase via one of the links I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This month we are heading to Outaouais Region of Quebec as a family to explore the area and share some of the fun things we find. I have been looking over our itinerary all week and getting excited. That’s part of the thrill of travel after all, isn’t it?
Outaouais Region has a lot to offer for families so I can’t wait to go see for myself soon.
Six Things I Can’t Wait to Do or See in Outaouais Region of Quebec:
Now, let me preface this my saying we have only been to Quebec a couple of times. We travelled to Mont Tremblant back in 2015 and we learned to ski there. That was a great trip. The girls and I headed to Montreal for our first ever girl’s trip to Quebec right around my birthday in 2014. We only stayed two days then. This time we have most of the week in the Outaouais Region.
I love Quebec. The scenery is beautiful. The history is incredible and educational. The art makes me happy, especially in public spaces, and I love more than anything listening to my girls practice French when we visit Quebec. That makes me happy.
This is our first time ever in Outaouais Region of Quebec. We will head to Gatineau this month and stay there for two nights as we venture out taking in the parks and museums and of course hitting some shoppes for a few treasures. My one daughter has saved money from her job so she can afford to buy a couple of chic little outfits. And naturally I assume there will be great food while we are here in Outaouais Region, staying in Gatineau. Food in Quebec is always an art. After that we head to Montebello and stay in the world’s largest log castle.
July is apparently also Family Month in Quebec. So I look forward to seeing what that entails and I am happy to be able to bring the whole family with me for this summer vacation.
I am so ready for a gorgeous trip to Quebec and a dose of French Canadian culture.
- Gatineau Park – We will start our adventure here. I have been watching Gatineau Park on Twitter for a few weeks and it looks to be so beautiful and large. This park is 361 KMs of hills and forests. Great for bike riding and hiking, swimming, cycling and camping. I want to take pictures from Champlain Lookout and I really look forward to learning more about Pink Lake.
- Listening to my girls speak French. My kids are French immersion kids and I love how they lapse into French effortlessly whenever we visit Quebec. They are my translators and who knows maybe I will pick up a phrase or two.
- Arbraska Lafleche – Cave and Aerial Parks. The largest natural cave in the Canadian Shield is here. That’s cool! I love that summer travel to Quebec is a great way to sneak in some learning too. The kids don’t even know they are still learning when it is so much fun! At Arbraska Lafleche some of us will be trying zip lines, Tarzan cord and suspended bridges!! I hope to be brave enough to get some pictures of us doing all of that!
- Canadian Museum of History – Well, look at that, more chances to learn. HMMM…Follow them at @CanMusHistory. There is a children’s museum here too and an IMAX theatre.
- Incredible accommodations: Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello – The world’s largest log castle?! Sign me up. I love the cool architecture in Quebec and this Fairmont will not disappoint, I am sure of that. Ramada Plaza Le Manoir du Casino – Family friendly accommodations in Gatineau. Facing Lac Leamy, the Ramada Plaza Le Manor du Casino has a spa, pool and fitness area too. Seems perfect for families.
- Parc Omega – I have heard about this spot from many of my friends. I know it is a 1,500 acre park with animals from deer to moose, bears and wolves. There is ample space to camp and glamping is an option here too. You can drive through the grounds and see all the animals from the comfort of your vehicle. Woot!!
I am a guest of Tourisme Outaouais while in the area. Follow our adventure with #OutaouaisFun