Six Ways I Make Money Writing Online
This is a sponsored post written by me for QUID. I received compensation for this content. My opinion is all my own and it is also truthful.
Diversifying income streams has never been more vital for online content marketers, bloggers and writers. Here’s what I am doing this year to stay alive and afloat here.
A Dynamic Landscape
It’s no secret that content marketing has changed. There are many ways to make money online with both passive and active income. When I started writing here on Thrifty Mommas Tips and sharing our stories, sponsored posts were my bread and butter. In the first few years writing I made a full-time income with sponsored content, brand ambassadorships, and consulting. I sold my own ads on the side and didn’t want to join an ad network. I was an idealist.
If you read Thrifty Mommas Tips now, you will see that I use ads. Times change and if you are savvy you will try to stay on top of those trends. I have become realistic and practical as an entrepreneur. This is how I support my family. It’s my business and I rely on the income streams here to make money writing online and to pay the bills.
I also believe I provide a unique and useful service to readers. So, that’s worth time and money. Lately I have been looking at alternative, passive, solutions, that work for writers, content creators and consultants too.
Sponsored posts have changed. Smart content marketers, bloggers and writers have diversified. What does that look like here? Well, here it looks like me adding more affiliate links, apps and programs to my list of tools.
Six Ways I Make Money Writing Online:
- Affiliate income
- Sponsored posts and brand ambassadorships
- Leveraging my online writing for my social media consulting business and traditional writing opportunities (This has been a goal of mine for the last 18 months. I am now content coordinator for two traditional trade publications – Neighbours of Oakridge and Hunt Club and Neighbours of Sunningdale.) Both of those aid positions allow me to stretch my editing, reporting, writing and publishing skills. I began working with Oakridge and Hunt Club trade publication in April and have added Sunningdale to the mix just this summer.
- QUID– a micro-payments solution that allows readers to contribute.
- Ad networks – I am currently with one ad network. I know some content creators are not fond of ad networks, so for those of you who don’t want to do that QUID could be a tool for you. Even if you are with an ad network you should consider adding QUID, because it is a simple way of supplementing income. It’s easy to install, especially if you have WordPress. Support is fantastic too.
- Merchandise – I am still working on this and assessing regularly as to whether this is the way forward for me. Many people make money with this approach. If you have any ideas about what kind of merchandise, or product, I should sell let me know. Drop me a comment here.
What are You Waiting For?
QUID is a new tool that is easy to implement and provides another source of passive income for content creators. Payments and payouts are totally secure. It’s risk free and there are no monthly fees with a starter account. It is a micro-payments solution that makes sense to me as a content creator.
Give Your Fans Easy Ways to Support You
You should always make it easy for people to support you. A Quid widget on your site is hassle free. Add Quid to posts where you want it to appear, or put a widget in your sidebar. Seems like a no brainer to me.