Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas are so cheesy good, with a kick that you can’t help but want to make them again and again. If you enjoy Mexican food with a bit of heat then this is for you. While I have to pace myself with foods like this, I truly love them every so often.
Table of Contents
Easy Instant Pot Recipes Are Golden
The Instant Pot has revolutionized cooking for so many people recently. Between it and the air fryer I am not sure how we ever cooked meals before. Anyways this is one you are going to need to pin for later and come back to.
When Travel Changes Your Taste
My Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas will knock your socks off. I haven’t always loved Mexican food. In fact, I was traditionally a bit concerned it was too spicy for me. But the last few years we have really done an about turn on that one. Travel to Mexico and Puerto Vallarta has made me into a huge Mexican food fan.
Now we enjoy Mexican foods and Spanish flavours often here. Enchiladas, tacos, fajitas and burritos are the best. We also make an amazing bean quesadilla recipe from time to time that is insanely good. The kids go crazy for it and ask for it all the time. It’s pretty simple too. I will have to share that one soon.
But this Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas recipe is a relatively new one for us and it is fantastic. I get a bit giddy when I find a new recipe that’s a crowd pleaser for everyone here. This is the one.
Cheesy and Spicy Equals A Winner
If you adore Mexican and love cheese you will love this recipe. Plus, you can add this Instant Pot Chicken chimichangas recipe to your growing Instant Pot recipe list.
Wildly Good Instant Pot Chicken Chimichanga
- Whole rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 C salsa
- Package fajita seasoning
- Can of pinto beans drained
- Small can green chilis diced
- 3 fresh jalapenos diced
- 1 C of Colby Jack cheese grated
- 12 flour tortillas 12
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- Jar of cheese sauce
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken, salsa, fajita seasoning, pinto beans, green chilies, and diced fresh jalapenos in the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to saute until cooked about 10 minutes.
- Stir often
- Preheat the broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each flour tortilla open on a flat service.
- In the center of each flour tortillas add a large spoonful of the chicken mixture.
- Top this with grated cheese.
- Roll each filled tortilla, placing each one seam down on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray non-stick Olive oil spray
- Add red enchilada sauce on top of each of the rolled Chimichanga.
- Broil on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Allow to slightly cool before plating each.
- Drizzle each with cheese sauce.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, jalapeños, avocados, and cilantro.
Enjoy These Wildly Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas
My family seems to think the more cheese the better. I can’t blame them. The melted cheese on top of any dish makes me happy. Pure comfort food that is. Just like these beautiful Instant Pot chicken chimichangas. If you make them, please come back to let me know if you enjoyed this dish. Do you have an Instant Pot?
This post contains affiliate links as a service to my readers. If you make a purchase from this site I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.