Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas are so cheesy good, with a kick that you can’t help but want to make them again and again. If you enjoy Mexican food with a bit of heat then this is for you. While I have to pace myself with foods like this, I truly love them every so often.
The Instant Pot has revolutionized cooking for so many people recently. Between it and the air fryer I am not sure how we ever cooked meals before. Anyways this is one you are going to need to pin for later and come back to.
These Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas will knock your socks off. I haven’t always loved Mexican food. In fact I was traditionally a bit concerned it was too spicy for me. But the last few years we have really done an about turn on that one.
Now we enjoy Mexican foods and Spanish flavours often here. Enchiladas are the best. We also make an amazing bean enchiladas recipe from time to time that is insanely good. The kids go crazy for it and ask for it all the time. It’s pretty simple too. I will have to share that one soon.
But this Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas recipe is a relatively new one for us and it is fantastic. I get a bit giddy when I find a new recipe that’s a crowd pleaser for everyone here. This is the one.
If you adore Mexican and love cheese you will love this recipe. Plus you can add this Instant Pot Chicken chimichangas recipe to your growing Instant Pot recipe list.
- 1 rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- ½ C salsa
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 1 can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 can green chilis (diced)
- 3 fresh jalapenos (diced)
- 1 C of Colby Jack cheese (grated)
- 1 package flour tortillas (12)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 jar cheese sauce
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken, salsa, fajita seasoning, pinto beans, green chilies, and diced fresh jalapenos in the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to saute until cooked about 10 minutes.
- Stir often
- Preheat the broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each flour tortilla open on a flat service.
- In the center of each flour tortillas add a large spoonful of the chicken mixture.
- Top this with grated cheese.
- Roll each filled tortilla, placing each one seam down on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly spray non-stick Olive oil spray
- Add red enchilada sauce on top of each of the rolled Chimichanga.
- Broil on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Allow to slightly cool before plating each.
- Drizzle each with cheese sauce.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, jalapeños, avocados, and cilantro.
Wildly Delicious Instant Pot chicken chimichangas
My family seems to think the more cheese the better. I can’t blame them. The melted cheese on top of any dish makes me happy. Pure comfort food that is. Just like these beautiful Instant Pot chicken chimichangas. If you make them please come back to let me know if you enjoyed this dish. Do you have an Instant Pot?
This post contains affiliate links as a service to my readers. If you make a purchase from this site I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.