Are you stuck wondering what to do this Valentine’s Day? Here are some simple and fun ways to celebrate your relationship together this year.
26 Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is getting closer and closer. If you are looking to shake up your Valentine’s Day date this year and stay away from the overcrowded restaurants, use this list to help you arrange a heartfelt date with the one you love. There is no perfect option that fits everyone when it comes to Valentine’s Day date ideas, but there are hundreds of tiny ways to say I love you that can be budget friendly too.
Where to Start?
Decide what your budget is and start with that always. There are a few ideas here that are a bit more money. For instance, a ski weekend is not inexpensive. But a cozy evening in watching Netflix ROMCOM’s together, is of course a totally easy and affordable way to spend a night.
Remember it’s the thought…
The most important thing to remember is that anything you choose to do will be appreciated as long as it comes from the heart. And frankly, it’s important to celebrate your partner and the relationship you have periodically. I know sometimes it’s hard to find the time. But Valentine’s Day is just right for that.
Take the Time to:
- Take a drive to a special spot that reminds you of a special moment you shared together. Pack some sweets, something warm to drink, and a blanket to snuggle under. If it’s too cold to get out of the car cuddle inside and just reminisce about the event you took part in at that very spot, five or ten years earlier.
- Dine-in. Cook up your favourite Valentine’s Meal together and hunker down for date night under your own roof. I suggest these Valentine’s crepes.
- Watch the sunrise or the sunset together.
- Visit a bookstore together. Grab a coffee and take your time meandering around. There is nothing more leisurely than book store browsing.
- Go to the drive-in, if you have one around.
- Create a romantic scavenger hunt for your date.
- Play card games together.
- Go for a lesiurely walk hand in hand.
- Visit your local miniature golf course.
- Host an intimate wine tasting for your date.
- Catch a play. Check your local community college to see what the drama department is producing.
- Take an art class together.
- Grab some ice cream.
- Explore the zoo.
- Rent a hotel for the night.
- Indulge in a couple’s massage.
- Decorate a tree in a park or your own backyard with strings of paper hearts to make a romantic spot for a picnic. Pack a basket with strawberries, wine, and chocolate. Keep your plan a secret until you lead your love to your date spot.
- Pump up your music, hang a disco ball, and dance! If you don’t have a disco ball make do with what you have. The important part is the dancing.
- Make fondue for dessert. Serve with strawberries or other fruit.
- Go for a drive to see houses you dream of living in together one day. Visualizing your future together can help you work to make a goal happen.
- Watch Netflix at home. Embrace the Rom COMs.
- Make martinis at home.
- Visit a museum.
- Attend a sporting event.
- Hit the slopes and go skiing together. Take a ski trip. Rent a cabin, and make it a weekend trip. MY FAVOURITE.
- Go to an art gallery and browse. Take your time. Share your thoughts about the pieces you like.
How Will You Spend Valentine’s Day?
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day date idea? Did it make our list? If not, please share your ideas with us!