It’s almost time again for #Blogher13 and I am happy to say I am almost ready. I have spent a large part of this week getting things in order. Of course it helped a wee bit that my kids have been enjoying Modern Martial Arts day camp in town. Awesome week for them equals much work done here.
My Conference Prep List.
1. Hair. Check. Cut and Freshened Up (I’m not about to say dyed so get over yourself.)
2. Pedicure. Done. Chicago Champagne shade of OPI nail polish (how could I resist as I am heading to Chicago for the first time ever ) and a lovely new salon has been supported in my neighbourhood because I am giving that way.
3. Manicure (see above) but Gel shades that match because I love that Gel nail polish they do and it stays longer. And because I am matchy that way.
5. Travel arrangements made (That fabulous Linked Moms lady @downshiftingpro
is nothing if not organized.
6. Business cards ordered via MOO. Can’t wait to pick them up.
7. And some amazing parties and events are booked. I am over the moon excited about Hasbro party again and the great speakers like Guy Kawasaki. Last year meeting @brysboo and @momchat Eileen was icing on the cake and really truly lovely. I chatted with them all year prior to the event and we connected over – wait for it – adoption. Yes, that’s how I make half my friends talking about adoption. I am also looking forward to the American Girl party and the Disney movie screening as well as the Mom Central Canada party. Love these opportunities to network and make new friends. This coming week when kids are enjoying camp I will be sight-seeing on the Chicago waterfront with Seadog. I am told there’s no other way to see Chicago, but from the water.
This is what Sea Dog says about what they do.
Seadog offers four exciting ways to see and experience Chicago from the water:
Lakefront Speedboat Tour
This 30-minute cruise along the shoreline offers a descriptive tour of Chicago’s famous skyline, while playing your favorite music.
Extreme Thrill Ride
This cruise is perfect for the dare-devil in you! This 30-minute ride features splash down stops, 180-degree turns, slalom runs and more.
River and Lake Architectural Tour
Enjoy historic views of Chicago’s famous landmarks and neighborhoods during this 75-minute cruise on both Lake Michigan and the Chicago River.
Lakefront Fireworks Cruise
Enjoy front-row seats to the spectacular fireworks display aboard our Lakefront Fireworks Cruise! Cruise along Lake Michigan with an exciting speedboat ride paired with an informative tour of the Chicago skyline, then end the evening with a dazzling fireworks show and top-40 hits playing in the background! The open aired vessel allows for panoramic views, providing a perfect view. The Seadog Fireworks Cruise is available on Wednesdays and Saturdays, running from Memorial Day – Labor Day.
Seadog is great for both individuals and groups. Sea Dog offers customizable group events for up to 450 people.
Seadog also features specific holiday cruises, such as Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Halloween.
Not only can you enjoy a Seadog Cruise, but your dog can as well! Dogs ride for free, space permitting.
For more information, please visit www.seadogcruises.com/chicago/
or call 888-636-7737.
So what’s left to do:
2. Buy more shoes
3. Get the Passport and American money all ready to go.
4. Pack my kids up for camp and take them there and do a little jig, or cry, not sure which. Also related buy more wine.
5. Get my Travel package all teed up for my phone.
6. Finish report for a client today.
7. Make my calendar look manageable for the event and map out where things are in Chicago. UGH! Oh and take a hard look at all the sessions and decide where I want to be and which speakers I need to hear.
As you can see there is still a lengthy list of tasks to tend to, so I better get on that. I was not compensated for this post but I receive some perks and a free cruise from Sea Dog in exchange for telling my readers about their service. My opinion is 100 % my own.