Halloween Rice Krispies treats are so easy to make with kids and super fun too. I mean who doesn’t love Rice Krispies treats? They couldn’t be simpler.
It’s the spookiest time of year and my kids love to bake so the other day we decided to see what we could come up with by combining Halloween and Rice Krispies treats. But for this batch of Halloween Rice Krispies treats you need a few adornments to make them festive. Pay close attention to the simple details here and you will have some of the best Halloween Rice Krispies Treats.
Kitchen Time is Family Time
If you spend any time at all here then you know we love to bake and spend time in the kitchen together. That’s one of my favourite things that we do here. The girls both enjoy cooking time with me and one is really super into baking. Happily, they are both capable and willing to learn a few recipes.
My kids love this time of year. Mostly they really get a hoot out of dressing up and getting candy for Halloween. If you asked Ainsley, well she’d tell you it’s her favourite time of year right after Christmas. Candy is magical that way.
Last year we got a beautiful package of ingredients and goodies to make some Halloween Rice Krispies treats. The kids LOVED that so much. They actually were asking a few weeks ago if Kellogg’s might send something like that again this year. And then the package arrived. Ainsley, not one to wait or be patient, had to make them fast on a night right after she got in from school. That said, these don’t take very long to make. The decorating is the longest part.
Ainsley plots out her costumes and her candy strategy every single year months in advance of the event itself. But I always have to be careful with that because my kids have been known to change their minds last minute. That is a total pain in the neck when that happens.
Making Memories in the Kitchen
Food is so clearly tied to the sense and memories. I love that about some recipes. I have a few things here that forever remind me of my Mom. That will never change.
The sky is the limit when it comes to these easy Rice Krispies Halloween treats. Bloody Halloween fingers Rice Krispies treats to cute little bats – it’s all fun and really for me the kitchen is a place to make memories.
See the recipe below. Super simple to make and takes no time at all really. But I bet you they disappear just as fast. If you love this then you should also take note of these Rice Krispies pecan treats.
- 3½ cups of Rice Krispies
- A regular sized bag of miniature marshmallows
- One package of Jello Instant pudding mix Butterscotch
- A tbsp of margarine or butter
- Tubes of colourful icing or gel icing (we used orange and red gel icing)
- Small bag of jelly beans
- 1 small bag of jube jubes
- Random cookie cutters
- Some small lollipop sticks
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low,
- Add in the marshmallows, Stir frequently
- Remove from heat and add the instant pudding mix for colour and flavour and stir it in.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until everything is well coated and a bit orange in colour.
- Spoon into a buttered glass dish.
- Pat into the dish and then let cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Sculpt with your hands into random spooky shapes. (My sensory seekers enjoy that)
- Or you can use the cookie cutters, pressing firmly into the pan and then flipping the cut shapes out of the cookie cutters and onto a plate to decorate.
- Dress them up with eyeballs, veins, scars, etc.
- We made some owls, skeletons, witches, and eyeballs.
- Additionally, we also made several pumpkins and owls and put the lollipop sticks in the base of the treats so they were like cake pops.
More Halloween Ideas and Printables:
We received product here for consideration. My opinion is all my own and it is also truthful.