These amazing Chocolate Pecan Turtle Rice Krispie Bars will have you wanting a second batch. Rice Krispies plus caramel – well, that’s a grand slam in the treat hall of fame, if I say so myself. You will love these scrumptious treats from the very first bite.
There’s not much I love more than Rice Krispie Treats. I used to make them about once a month or maybe even more often in university. Lately we’ve been baking less than we used to in general, because I think I got my fill at Christmas. Well and with the cruise too. Desserts were plentiful there as they always are. Not complaining just saying I needed a bit of a break from sugary treats.
But, when it comes to Rice Krispie treats, well they are a classic. I am always looking for ways to change it up a bit with respect to their shape or flavour. Iced or not iced? On a stick or a ball or traditional bar form? So many potential variations to love and sink your teeth into.
This Chocolate Pecan Turtle Rice Krispie Bars might be my favourite variation yet. It can be tricky working with caramel in my opinion. Sometimes I have tried adding it into a recipe and it’s simply resulted in a gooey mess. Not so with Chocolate Pecan Turtle Rice Krispie Bars. They are divine.
Here’s how to make your own:
Chocolate Pecan Turtle Rice Krispie Bars
- Chocolate pecan turtle rice Krispie bar
- makes 1 9x9 pan
- 1 box of Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 TBSP unsalted sweet cream butter
- large pot
- bag of caramel
- 1 bag of chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of chopped pecans
- Make the rice krispie treats based on the box.
- unwrap the caramel and place into a microwave safe bowl
- heat in microwave on 30 second intervals until melted
- drizzle onto the Rice Krispie
- place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl
- heat in the microwave on 30 second intervals until melted
- drizzle onto the Rice Krispie treats
- sprinkle the pecans
What is your favourite way to eat Rice Krispie Bars? Do you have a variation on this recipe or do you prefer the classic version?
If you like these then you will definitely want to pin these Inside Out Rice Krispie treats for later.
Please leave a comment if you do end up making my Chocolate Pecan Turtle Rice Krispie bars or my Inside Out Rice Krispie treats one of these days. I love to hear about your recipes too.