This post has been generously sponsored by Bayer.
The start of a brand new year is something to celebrate. A brand new start, or a clean chapter. But let’s be honest holiday hangover is also very real. You’re still tidying up the decorations, in the midst of cold and flu season and your health is bound to take a hit. So stack the deck and prepare for a month of hard work, fighting back with realistic resolutions.
Instead of resolving to do something huge – like weight loss or dramatic fitness overhaul – how about several small but attainable resolutions. Let’s start with getting you and your family healthy. Today, when our guests left my house, I hit the local drug store and stocked up on vitamins and a few other things we need. Things that help all of us reach realistic resolutions.
First off, my nephews and my niece were here for a couple of days. They arrived later than ever this year because they’ve all been down with a cold and flu bug, like so many families I know. We literally just got better ourselves after a bit of a bout with a cold bug over Christmas. This season has been a brutal one so we are taking care to keep things on hand that everyone needs, so holiday hangover doesn’t leave us all down for the count.
Everyone’s noses have been stuffed up this holiday and mine doesn’t seem to want to stop running. Since my brother’s family was not well I am boosting my vitamin C intake and my family is relying on a few of these products to help.
Common January Complaints:
How to Maintain Realistic Resolutions With Support:
- Feeling “stuffed-up”
- Unfortunately catching up with the littlest family members here also means germs. Though I wouldn’t trade their visits for the world, I don’t relish the cold germs they sometimes leave behind, or the annoying nasal congestion that follows. hydraSense® can help get rid of nasal congestion so you can breathe better and feel free to start that new project. It’s new to me and seems to work really well. hydraSense is 100% naturally-sourced seawater that is clinically proven to reduce and relieve nasal congestion and nasal cold symptoms
- Feeling “off rhythm”
- Holiday eating is fun but not usually comprised of a well-balanced high-fibre diet and can lead to issues like constipation. For effective relief of occasional constipation, without bloating, cramping, or gas, you may consider RestoraLAX®. Maintaining a well-balanced high fibre diet and keeping well hydrated may help promote regularity. We keep this one on hand year round because one of the members of my family needs this often. What we like about RestoraLAX® is that it isn’t gritty at all and it dissolves easily without any taste at all.
Soon enough the New Year leads to a new semester with back to school again. Not long after that, the kids are into big school projects and one starts exams as well. So, this year we are stocking One-A-Day® vitamins and FLINTSTONES™ I am pretty happy to give my kids the same vitamins I used to take as a child. Once daily vitamins are a simple way to give your whole family’s nutrition a boost.
One-A-Day® can help kick-start your healthy year by providing vitamins to help maintain good health. Get your kids into a daily routine too with FLINTSTONES™ to help provide the nutritional support they need when they may not be getting all their dietary needs from food alone.
Good Habits are Important all year round. Sleep and exercise are crucial. Do yourself a favour and be sure to get what you need as a Mom, or Dad. This Mom exercises as often as she can so that she has enough energy to tackle business and parenting too. You know that saying when Mom is happy everybody is happy. It’s the truth.
Even if you don’t have kids, I know how hard it can be to rationalize taking time for you.
Here are a few other ideas to consider if you are also planning to be realistic this year.
- Take time for yourself and meditate
- Adding 5-10 minutes of meditation to your daily routine can help you feel more refreshed and balanced. Choosing to take this time for yourself may actually free up time in your schedule; studies show that meditating can actually help the brain process information faster.
- Pledge to power down an hour before bed time.
- The light that emanates from your phone, computer or TV can actually activate the brain and make it more difficult to fall asleep. Swap nightly screen time for a magazine or book to help your body prepare for sleep. This simple choice can help you feel much more refreshed in the mornings. This is one I continue to tell my teenager. It’s hard to convince them sometimes. Check the gadgets in my office at night I ask. That sometimes works for her.
- Soothe holiday hangover, and stay on top of all your resolutions with Bayer.
To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
Are there other small activities or habits that you’re incorporating into your routine to improve your health nd help you ditch holiday hangover in 2017?
I am a Bayer ambassador and as such I receive compensation for this post. My opinion is my own and it is also truthful.