Hot chocolate bombs are our new addiction here. My daughter Payton saw them months ago and we both decided we had to make some as soon as we could find the proper food grade silicone molds for the bombs.
Hot Chocolate Bombs
Maybe it’s all of the Hallmark movies I have been watching this winter, with their decadent hot chocolate as a pivotal heart-warming beverage used to strengthen relationships of all ages. Or perhaps, it’s just the natural evolution of the bread machine diaries in our home during the pandemic. Throw in a little Pinterest and a side of TikTok and you have a recipe for hot chocolate bomb FOMO.
Anyways, right now these delicious little chocolate treats are rocking our world. Stay tuned as we elaborate and make some tasty variations on these in the next few days. Don’t worry, I will be sure to share.
These hot chocolate bombs are pretty simple actually. The first time we made them we thought they’d be hard to do and frankly the hardest part is resisting eating them as you fill them and seal them.
We used semi sweet milk chocolate for our first batch because I wanted to try my favourite milk chocolate first.
Hunting down these cute silicone molds was harder than I thought. So, take my advice and just pop over to Amazon and get these silicone molds now. Oh, and you might wish to stock up on mini marshmallows right now because they are currently flying off the shelves.
The Search Was On
For a time we looked in the baking departments at numerous grocery stores, but there was nothing there. Then, we searched the local Dollar Stores and the bulk baking supply stores. I was almost going to make these with a make your own bath bomb mold. But Payton put the end to that. It would have been impractical because they are individual and making one single hot chocolate bomb at a time would be tedious.
These are delicious and they definitely elevate hot chocolate and hot cocoa too
Perhaps the most satisfying part though is watching them dissolve slowly in warm milk.
Here’s How to Make Them
Easy Hot Chocolate Bombs
- silicone molds
- 1 bag semi sweet milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 crushed candy cane
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate powder mix
- 1 teaspoon candy sprinkles
- Melt 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate in microwave. If it's not enough then add some more.
- Put crushed candy cane in each of the six silicone pockets.
- Spoon melted chocolate into the silicone molds generously enough that it will form a shell.
- Add one full spoonful of hot chocolate mix.
- Add 4-5 tiny marshmallows to each shell. Then add small amount of sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until hard (45 minutes to 2 hours. )
- Remove empty half of the chocolate shell. There should be six.
- Melt another half of a cup of chocolate in the microwave.Using a butter knife seal the two halves of the bomb together with more chocolate.
- Return them back to the fridge for half an hour.
- To serve you can warm up a full cup of milk per person and gently drop the bomb in the warm milk. Watch it bubble as the ingredients inside escape. Stir and drink carefully.
Enjoy Hot Chocolate Bombs Tonight
These are pretty simple and definitely worth the time. Make sure you have the ingredients on hand and enjoy these tasty hot chocolate bombs today. Your kids will love them!