My family and I love going to water parks. There’s really nothing like them. Water parks offer fun in the sun, water play, family togetherness, and memories that last a lifetime. You might think you have to travel to Florida or some other sub-tropical U.S. Destination to find a great water park, but I’ve got a list of water parks for you that are actually close to my Ontario, Canada home. These water parks are near Detroit, Michigan.
4 Water Parks Near Detroit, Michigan
All of the water parks below are wonderful destinations for family fun, and they’re all within a 4 hour drive of Michigan.
Red Oaks Water Park
North of Royal Oak and west of Warren, Red Oaks Water Park features all the great things we love about water parks.
- Terrific Tides – Wave pool
- Triple Turn – Triple-flume waterslide
- Soak Station – Children’s water playground with 68 features including water jets, curtains, and slides. Children can also enjoy bubbler jets and a six-foot tipping bucket.
- Spray & Play – Water play area for toddlers with 15 water jets and bubblers at zero depth.
- River Ride – 990 foot long moving river
- Heated – All areas are heated
Wayne County Family Aquatic Center
Located a short drive northeast of Detroit, Family Aquatic Center has tons of fantastically fun features. From jets to wave pools to theme characters, the Family Aquatic Center is a great place to spend the day.
- Way Cool Wave Pool – A 15,920 square foot wave pool with a maximum depth of 6 feet and massive 9 foot ripple wave patterns.
- Splish-Splash Land – Toddler and children’s water play area with a maximum depth of 2 fee. Features over 100 spray fountains with constant sprays and splashes.
- Water Slides – Two 23 foot high water slides over 200 feet in length. Slide down in single or two person tubes.
Troy Family Aquatic Center
Located in Troy, Michigan, Troy Family Aquatic Center has a little something for everyone. In addition to the standard water slides, splash areas, and zero depth entry pool, the center also boasts features that set it apart from some other water parks. The park includes lap lane pools and sand volleyball for fun in the water and the sun.
Located in Waterford, Michigan, Waterford Oaks has family fun for days. Their tropical wave pool includes palms trees near the shore, and all pools are heated. They have all the amenities we love in water parks such as wave pools, kiddie areas and shelters available with advanced reservation.
Water Parks are Closer to Detroit Than You’d Think
All four of these water parks receive consistently high customer ratings, and all of them are extremely high quality. The best part of all of these water parks is that they’re well within a 3 hour drive of Detroit. If you live in the area, give any of these water parks a try. I can’t wait to try several of these soon! They all look like a fantastic time. See you on the lazy river!