What could be more summery and refreshing than a watermelon slushies recipe? Well, maybe a watermelon raspberry slushie, right?
Everyone loves watermelon. But the thing about watermelon is that sometimes those massive melons ripen so fast there’s not enough time to eat them by the slice. Same can be said for raspberries. We always have some in the container that turn to jam before we can eat them. So what’s a smart shopper to do? Well, take the rest of the melon before it goes to waste and chop it up to use as a refreshing crowd-pleasing beverage, like watermelon slushies. Use your raspberries too. The combination is unique and pleasant, plus watermelon raspberry slushie drinks are much better for you than the syrupy slushies sold at the corner store.
Lucky for you I can show you how to make a spectacular new beverage like this one. See below for the Watermelon Raspberry Slushie Recipe. When you are done, it will look like this! And don’t forget to read this watermelon recipe roundup for some other great thoughts on watermelon treats.
- • 3 cups diced watermelon (seedless) (freeze before blending for 1 hour)
- • 2 cups raspberries (freeze before blending for 1 hour)
- • Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- • Sweetener, optional and to taste
- Freeze Watermelon and Raspberries in freezer for at least one hour so it makes a nice icy blend.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture between two glasses and optionally garnish with fruit. Serve immediately.
- Alcohol option:
- 2 shots raspberry pomegranate vodka (or your favorite flavored or unflavored vodka)
- 2 shots raspberry or watermelon schnapps