Well it’s finally time for me to hit the beach this summer!! I have waited forever this year. Well, don’t feel too bad for me. I managed a trip to Arizona for a conference back in May and then I also managed one to New York City in July and also I have a pool so my pool is my beach. Or it will be tomorrow because I feel like swimming tomorrow. Anyways, you might have heard about the cutest little Disney Movie called Teen Beach Movie. Well, I have a great recipe for you if you are still throwing a Teen Beach Movie party or even a pool party to end the year.
How cute are these?
I kind of love these teen beach cookies myself. My kids will enjoy these when I make them again for a killer pool party at end of the summer. You could also sub in rice flour or something else if you wanted to make them gluten free. Teen beach movie cookies are easy to make but they take a bit of time to decorate. So have fun and don’t eat them all before the party. Okay?
Teen Beach Movie Cookies
- Teen Beach Movie Cookies
- Cookie Recipe
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Cookie Cutters:
- Royal Icing
- Icing Ingredients:
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- brown orange, yellow, green,blue gel food coloring
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- -Add all 4 eggs at one time...Continue to mix. -Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- -Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- -Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- -Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- -Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- -Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- -Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- -Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- - Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter.
- -Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using your cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- -Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- -Using a metal spatula move the cut cookie to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- -Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookie are thoroughly baked.
- -Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- Icing instructions: Icing Directions:
- -Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- -If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- - Pull out 7 bowls and begin to divide the icing.
- - Bowl #1, put 4 TBSP of icing in , add several drops of brown gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl #2, put 1/4 C of icing, add several drops of red gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl #3, put 1/4 C of icing, add several drops of blue gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl#4, put 1/4 C of icing, add several drops of green gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended.
- Bowl #5, put 1/2 C of icing , add several drops of orange gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl #6, put 1/2 C of yellow gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl # 7 remains white.
- -Spoon each of the icings into individual frosting bags with a #5 tips.... twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Teen Beach Movie Cookies
- -Follow the colors and accent colors as displayed on each cookie.
- -First step for each cookie is to outline them .
- -Allow the icing outline at least 30 seconds to dry before filling the body of the cookie in with the other icing*. ( After outlining all of these cookies you can push some the remaining icing into a bowl and add the 1 tsp of water and mix well to get the right consistency .) Leave some of the icing in the frosting bag for additional accent work on each of the cookies. Using a butter knife to spread it from the outlined part inwards to the center.
- -Using the frosting bags with each of the icing colors and a small tip to make (matching the icing in the frosting bags to the color of the leaf ). Using the matching icing make a center line in each of the leaves than add the remaining other accent lines on each of them.
- -Outline the plaque with white after 30 seconds fill in the plaque. Allow that thinner white icing to dry then outline the plaque with the brown icing (refer to the cookie) to look like a wood frame. Allow the brown to dry then following the cookie plaque print the words.
- -Outline each surfboard with the white icing allow to dry for 30 second then fill them in with the thinner icing. Allow to dry for another 30 seconds and copy the cookie surfboards and : draw a thicker blue & green line in the center of the surfboard followed by two thinner lines next to the thick line.
- Surfboards... white primary (outline and fill in) the following the cookies in the pictures. Two thinner lines in the orange & yellow gel food coloring followed by flowers (1 large and 2 smaller) and dots.
- -Outline and fill in each piece of the two bikinis with the white icing. Allow to dry for 30 seconds.
- -Take the two pieces of one bikini and outline in the yellow and fill in each piece with yellow dots.
- -Take the second bikini and outline each piece in orange and add a orange flower on each of the pieces on the right side.
- -Outline flower cookie in color of choice.
- -Put a glob of white icing in the center of the cookie.
- -Fill in the cookie with the color of the outline. Spread icing to where it meets white glob.
- -Use a toothpick to pull the white icing into the color icing to make a flower.
- -Once dry, use yellow thick icing to make a stem inside the flower
I have put one hour down as the prep time here. It’s really not an hour to prepare but it is an hour or more to ice and decorate these. So allot extra time at end to decorate them.