The Secret Life of Your Dishwasher #Finish Giveaway
This is my third post as a Finish Revolution blogger and I am thrilled to offer my Canadian readers a giveaway, so they can join Finish Revolution too! Read all the way to the end and leave a comment about something new you learned while reading this post. And you could win two packages of Finish Quantum Tabs (20 tabs per package)As a Finish Revolution blogger I recently took part in a webinar with a dishwashing expert. She answered several pressing questions about dishwasher performance. I have been really clear during this campaign – I have used Finish Quantum Tabs for a long time. Before that we used Electrasol, which is of course what Finish was called once upon a time.
Don’t forget to follow Finish Canada on Facebook. They are always offering a great coupon or free sample deal.
Anyways according to the dishwashing experts at Finish, there are a few important things your dishwasher wants you to know.
1. Don’t store the tabs or powder dishwashing cleaner under the sink. This is the moistest area in your home and the excess moisture may suck all the potency out of the tabs. Then the dishwashing detergent doesn’t work well.
2. Your dishwasher may not be getting hot enough water. The machine operates best at a temperature of at least 122 degrees F. That means your dishwasher may not be hot enough to get your dishes clean.
3. Avoid nesting. You know, spoons cuddled together in the cutlery rack and bowls tucked inside each other. For optimum performance of the dishwasher and the cleaning agent itself everything should be stacked properly. Proper stacking means that you don’t overcrowd the dishes either. Leave space for the water to circulate throughout the machine.
4. Use a quality product. No name products and cheap powders often don’t do the job.
5. Clean your machine with Finish dishwasher cleaner every month. Using once a month is optimum for intensive cleaning of buildup.
6. About 80 % of dishwasher repair calls are unnecessary. Most are calls related to food still being stuck on the dishes, or dishes not getting dry also (which Jet dry helps with) and some are really a simple matter of your dishwasher itself needing a cleaning. Rinse agent also helps you avoid seeing water spots on glasses etc.
Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Revolution blogger program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. All opinions are my own. I love Finish and stand by my endorsement. It works well for our family every time.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I learned that we always have to use a quality product.
Thanks for the chance!
raceracegirl at yahoo dot com
The new thing for me is not to store under the kitchen sink as it is the spot in the house with the most moisture.
I learned that a dishwasher operates best “at a temperature of at least 122 degrees F”.
I learned to not store your tabs under the kitchen sink – totally makes sense! Thanks for hosting this!
I learned that you should not store the tabs or powder dishwashing cleaner under the sink.
some dishwasher repair calls are really a simple matter of your dishwasher itself needing a cleaning
I learned not to store dishwasher tabs under the sink. Oops…I guess I need to move mine hehe 🙂 Thanks for the giveaway!
I learned that as soon as I finish typing and entering this contest I need to go downstairs and move my tabs from under the sink!!
I learned to Avoid nesting your utensils!