When it comes to those first months with baby, safety is such an overarching concern that it can be entirely all consuming. You want to be sure that you are doing right by your precious new little one. You handle them gently, getting to know exactly how to cradle them into your body. How to read each cry, each sound and gesture. You put them down to sleep or down for a nap and you worry. When you can’t see them you listen for every little whimper, for the rhythmic rise and fall of their breathing.
Almost a decade later I can still remember the days with my babies when I worried and listened for every little sound. We had a monitor, one we’d been given at a baby shower, and I used it well. Had there been video camera style monitors then, well I would have been all over that.
Enter the world’s most versatile baby video monitor. D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera, White D- Link is the latest member of the mydlink camera family. D-Link® Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L). The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera provides at home and remote video monitoring using an iOS or Android device, used in conjunction with the free mydlink Baby Mobile app. You can now keep an eye on your little one from wherever you are as long as you have a Wi-fi, 3G or 4G connection. The camera features HD video, integrated motions, sound and temperature sensing technology. The technology can trigger push alerts, night-vision technology, lullabies and video recording. The Wi-Fi Baby Camera can also be used even without an Internet connection. Connect a mobile device to the Wi-Fi Baby Camera’s wireless network for instant local monitoring.
The details from the device itself:
- HD Resolution/Pinch-Zoom – Provides rich detail and high image quality; pinch and zoom capabilities to see things up close
- Mobile App Support – Three easy steps to set up the camera and then enjoy local or remote monitoring of your baby on a mobile devices with the free mydlink Baby Mobile app
- Night Vision – Lets you see up to 15 feet in complete darkness so you know what’s happening in the nursery without disturbing baby’s sleep
- Temperature Sensor and LED – Temperature display available on the Baby Mobile app; receive push alerts when temperature levels are outside the set range
- Instant Push Alerts – Receive push notifications anytime noise or motion is detected
- Sound/Motion Detection – Sound/motion sensor triggers push alerts or recording
- Lullabies – Keep your baby happy with five lullabies that can be remotely activated right from your iPhone, iPad or Android device
- Two-way communication – Soothe your baby from anywhere with the sound of your voice
- Micro SD Card Slot – Automatically records video on microSD card when motion or sound is detected; replay recorded video clips to see what the baby
- Record Video Clips – The mydlink Baby Monitor app allows you to take snapshots or video clips and save directly to your mobile device for viewing and sharing
- Micro USB Power Input – Ideal for traveling and on-the-go monitoring, the baby camera can be powered by an external battery pack (not included)
- mydlink Service – Remotely watch your baby on your mobile device via 3G, Wi-Fi, or 4G LTE when you’re at home or on the go
- Color Coordinated – Apply pink or blue rings to personalize camera for baby’s room
Pricing and Availability
The D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera (DCS-825L) is available in Canada ($179.99) at Amazon.ca.
Take a moment to follow D-Link on Facebook too! Show them some love this is a great prize. It doesn’t hurt to go like their page and tell them you are visiting from thriftymommastips. Manners are always a good idea!
For a limited time I have one of these amazing little gadgets to give away to a Canadian reader. Please follow the instructions to win. Leave me an email or some other way to contact you in event you win.