Healthy habits are important all year long, but I have to say, they’re even more important during the winter. Winter is when all the worst germs come out to play. By now everyone I know has had the colds, the flu bugs and even pink eye (TWICE in my case). However, if you practice healthy habits, you can help stave off the onslaught of all those nasty bugs and feel as good as possible all season long.
Simple Healthy Habits You can Start Today
These healthy habits can be started immediately and can help you feel better now and later. When you make healthier choices, your body gets stronger, and when your body gets stronger, you can fight off illnesses and bugs more easily!
- Exercise – Exercise doesn’t end just because it gets cold. Bundle up for a walk, jump on your treadmill, hit the gym – do anything to get in your exercise. It makes your body stronger and healthier.
- Water – Be sure you get in ALL your water in a day. Go for those full 8 glasses. A well hydrated body is a healthy body that can fight of bugs and the flu.
- Me Time – Stress is a killer – literally. Stress shortens your life. It also makes you more susceptible to illness. Take time for yourself to decompress. Maybe that’s a vacation, or a weekend away. It might also be exercise.
- Clean – It’s a pain, and it’s boring, but it’s also essential to being healthy. Take a little time to hit the carpets with the vacuum and do a little dusting. It removes particulates that can irritate your sinuses and lungs.
- Humidifier – A humidifier is your friend in the winter. Dry sinuses are more easily infected by germs. Run a humidifier to keep your sinuses nice and moist.
- Oral Health – A healthy mouth is key to a healthy life. Periodontal health is linked to heart disease, so oral health should always be on your healthy habits radar. Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Toothpaste keeps your mouth clean and your teeth whiter in 5 days. Get teeth even cleaner when you use their Clean & Fresh Battery-Powered Toothbrush for 100% more plaque removal versus a manual toothbrush.
- Don’t Neglect Your Skin – Healthy habits include taking care of your skin. Moisturize often to keep the winter weather from making your skin chalky and sand papery. And make hair removal easier on yourself with Nair™ Was Ready-Strips. They make hair removal easy with their ready to use formula that requires no warming or rubbing. Nice.
Healthy Habits to Make Life Better
Although these healthy habits are showcased to help you survive the winter, they’re really year round things you can do to feel good every day. So remember, start these healthy habits for the winter and continue with them all year long for better health every day.
I am a Church and Dwight ambassador and as such I am compensated. My opinion is all my own.