Oreo Cupcakes Are Perfect for Your Two Foot Tornado
Do you have a little mess magnet? Chances are if you have children, then you have a mess magnet! I have one of those. She’s a little tornado inside any room she enters. It’s hard to maintain a clean kitchen or living room, or any other space when she’s around. Once in awhile it’s okay to indulge that chaos and even embrace it. That’s what these worms in dirty Oreo Cupcakes are all about.
These Dirty Oreo Cupcakes would be great for a birthday party, or a bake sale. But I really like the idea of making them for Earth Day. They could be a huge hit with any group then. The chocolate flavour and the crushed oreo topper make these really scrumptious.
You could even modify these to be vanilla versions with the vanilla and golden oreos if you wanted a different flavour variation.
Just Like The Desserts at Major Chain Restaurants
This is the kind of thing several big restaurant chains serve for dessert and the kids go nuts! So I think they should be a welcome after dinner treat one night for your kids too, regardless of their ages.
[tweetthis]These chocolatey dirty oreo cupcakes are perfect for Earth Day![/tweetthis]
By the way if you need any Earth Day printables or ideas I have a few over here on my Printables Pinterest board.
Mess Magnet Fuel
Do you have a mess magnet in your house? What is their favourite dessert?
Dirty Oreo Cupcakes Are Perfect for Your Two Foot Tornado
- Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 C whole milk
- Oreo Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C crushed Oreo cookies
- 3 C powder sugar
- 3/4 C heavy cream
- 1 package gummy worms
- Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- -Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt stirring together. Set aside.
- -Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- -Beat the eggs one at a time, after each addition, then add in the vanilla.
- -Alternating add the flour mixture with the milk; beating well.
- -Fill the lined cupcake tins 3/4 full.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- -Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 10 minutes.
- -Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Oreo Frosting Directions:
- -Beat the softened butter alone until smooth.
- -Add 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs and powder sugar alternately with 1/2 cup heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture.
- -If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powder sugar.
- -Scoop frosting into a large pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- -Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- -Frost cupcakes.
- -Sprinkle the tops of the frosted cupcakes with the rest of the crushed Oreo's.
- -Add a gummy worm to the center of the cupcake.