When I was a child we used to make crunchy chocolate No Bake treats every Christmas. My Mom and I baked a lot some years and these crunchy treats were one of my favourites. I can’t recall what we called them now but they had egg noodles in them and chocolate and they really were a hit. With that idea in mind, I thought I would modify the old childhood recipe and create these spring No Bake Treats. These No Bake Easter Bird’s Nests are good any time of the year but I think they look colourful like Spring Flowers.
No Bake Treats for Easter
I will warn you right now that these did not last long at all. They are super simple to make. No stove or baking required at all. Just a trip to the Bulk food store and you will have everything you need to make these. I stocked up on all things Easter when at the Bulk food store so that I would be able to create some truly seasonal sweet treats.
You will need Cheerios, Smarties, Merckens melting wafers in whatever colour makes you happy, Preztel sticks and coloured mini marshmallows with some Smarties tossed in there too. These are really anything goes treats.
No Bake Treats - Spring Bird's Nests
- 1. 1 Bowl of Pretzel sticks
- 2. 1 cup of Merckens melting pink wafers
- 3. 1/2 cup of Smarties
- 4. I half cup of Rainbow mini marshmallows.
- 5. 1/3 cup of Cheerios
- Melt the Merckens melting pink wafers in the microwave until they are liquid. Don't leave these too long or they start to get hard instead of liquid.
- In a bowl add Pretzel sticks (it's okay f they get crushed a bit. The longest ones are a bit too hard to coat.)
- Add the Cheerios and the marshmallows and stir all the dry ingredients into the melted liquid fast before it starts to harden. Add the Smarties at end and stir a bit more. Make sure these are well coated. You may still need to break a couple of the pretzel sticks to make them take shape properly.
- Drop them each onto a cookie sheet.
- Using a large Tablespoon press them into shape and then let cool.
Serve on a plate with some jelly beans for decoration. Or place them in a tiny Easter bucket when cool and serve at a children’s or a family Easter party. I love Merckens melting wafers because they are so easy to use. I like No Bake Treats because the kids can easily make them on their own and I don’t have to worry about them burning themselves at all.
I have several other Easter Treat recipes here if you are interested in baking and need some ideas this Spring. Don’t forget to print out this Easter Coloring Page and Word Search too. Oh and for in their Easter baskets these Spring bookmarks are ideal!