Eight Things You Can Do Close to Home This March Break #Giveaway ARV $80
It’s March and that means one or two things around here. First it means spring is on the way. Second it means spring break. To be 100 % honest with you lovely readers, I have not worked out where I will be, or what we will be doing. Travel blogger life means plans change often and that can very well be last minute. So I am sort of planning that there will be some staycation bits to March break and some travel bits tossed in there too.
My tween and teen are looking forward to time off school. I am adding clients again and so I will be working much of the week which means we might need to make some of our own fun. If you are working and wondering what to do with the kids, I have a few thoughts:
Eight Things You Can Do At Home This March Break
Think of it as being a tourist in your very own city or province. You can stay indoors, cozy and warm, or get outside and enjoy an adventure.
1. Hit the Museum – this area of Ontario where I live has some great museums. Maybe you are in Toronto and you can make it to the ROM or the Aquarium. Either one of those would make a great day and you aren’t really subject to the weather if you are indoors. There’s also the science centre – always a hit with kids.
2. Go Skiing or Tubing: If you live close to a ski hill then you can easily spend a day or two, or maybe even a week there. Many ski hills also have other activities like tubing, snowboarding, and lessons. Plus don’t forget the March Break camps that some offer. That might be a great opportunity to keep the kids busy too.
3. Library: Head to the library this March break. Our local library has dozens of cool things happening. Pick up a book and take it home so you can relax and read. BUT don’t forget there are classes and events at many libraries all week long. Our library has a drawing class and Sparky The Fire Dog, to name just two of the events that are taking place there.
4. Go To The Mall, or the Market: A little retail therapy can be just what the doctor ordered. Buy some new spring outfits, or shop at the local jewelry store for a small pick me up. One thing we will be doing is heading to Covent Garden Market in London, ONTARIO because MapleLea Girls is hosting a Pop Up Shop and a cooking class and – actually, they have an event each day only at Covent Garden Market in London from March 12 to March 19!! Bring your daughter and bring her MapleLea Girls too.
5. Consider an at-home makeover, sleepover, or a full on spa day. Actually in my case I will be hosting a sleepover here for one daughter’s birthday. I’m quite certain the 11 and 12-year-old girls will be content using nail polishes, eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…BatisteTM Dry Shampoo! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition BatisteTM Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels – and smells – great! My daughter loves this product and uses it throughout the week when she doesn’t have time to wash her hair.
6. Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Start one of those really huge time consuming puzzles. They are great for focus and for kids who need extra help practicing some fine motor skills too.
7. Bake or Cook. Well my kids don’t need any excuses to get in the kitchen. They love baking cookies, treats, cakes, and other goodies. Occasionally they like to do a meal too. Sometimes when I am swamped here I will ask the kids to get a meal started. My girls are 11 and 14 and they can whip something up that’s pretty tasty when I ask them to take responsibility for dinner like that. Occasionally they even surprise me.
If your week involves road trips anywhere, you might want to keep some of this handy – If you have family members who are motion sensitive, GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take GravolTM chewables and drive, as GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
8. Get outside. Take walks, go skating, take a winter hike. Grab your camera and shoot some pictures of the snow melting, and the changing seasons.
And regardless of where your March break week takes you, you can help your family stay healthy by taking VitafusionTM Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’CrittersTMGummy VitesTM for kids.
On behalf of your family’s most trusted brands, here’s a staycation giveaway for you to enjoy. This Giveaway includes:
· Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
· Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
· L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
· Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
· OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
Value: Approximately $80
What are your favourite staycation ideas?
I am a Church and Dwight Ambassador, and as such receive certain perks and compensation.
We are doing nothing this spring break!
No plans this year, no extra money in the budget this year.
We have no plans, but we will be staying home and might visit some places in our town
No plans this year-Enjoying the nice weather in NS
We are going to the family cabin.
Oh how lovely. I would enjoy that for sure!
I have to work so my kids are spending March break with their grandparents. They are looking forward to it!
i will be mostly looking after my niece since she is out of school and her mom works.
A road trip to visit family.
I plan to spend some time with my grandkids. Still need to check out activities available in our region. I love spending time with my grandkids.
We are going to do some local touristy things for the March Break and some baking at home.
I will at my daughter’s home spending time with the grand kids! New baby soon to arrive!
I plan on spending some time outdoors and relaxing.
i have no plans for March Break – i have to work – so my daughter is on her own to find things to do!
I look forward to writing more, continuing my yoga practice, and catching up with good friends.
I plan to relax & read.
We’re excited to go to Disney on ice!!
were doing day trips
We hopefully will be going to Niagara Falls for a few days
Our break is still almost a month away so we don’t have our plans made yet. I would like to get to the mountains for some hiking in Jasper National Park.
no real plans, maybe a few day trips locally.
I unfortunately have to work, but will be spending my time off spend cooking with my girlfriend.
No plans this year. Just staying home.
No plans this year
Planning on doing some spring cleaning and taking the kidlets to the movies and hanging out with friends too.
Attending the kids sport meets.
We’ll be doing staycation this year. 🙂
I’ll be working this March Break as its my busy season!
I have a bunch of Easter and spring crafts planned for my little ones and I to make . So excited
We plan to do some baking and crafts.
No plans for March break. My kids get different weeks off. My 18 year old will have the week before Easter off school and my youngest 3 get the week after Easter off school. So we’ll just hang out at home, and hopefully the weather will be nice!
I plan to just get outside & take walks
I just got back from Florida to spend the break with my grandchildren.
we are hoping to go hiking on the trails and geocache
relaxing at the cottage
We’re planning a family get-away to Niagara Falls!!
we are going to see a movie!
No big plans for March Break here this year.
We plan to do some baking and crafts.
We aren’t really in the school age yet, so spring break is just another week for us. But, we do try and do at least one special activity each day.
no major plans or vacation this year.. will just do things around our area.
We will be spending it at home.
no kids no plans
I have to work thru march break but my daughter will be going to grandmas house for the week!!
We are staying close to home this year. We plan on having some game and movie nights and if the weather is nice we want to go for some hikes.
We are thinking of having some time to spend with the grandkids. Maybe a weiner roast, it’s been so nice.
No plans really, I am hoping to get some time to get some spring cleaning done.
We pan on doing some extra stuff with the kids. Playing outside and maybe even take in a movie 🙂
an overnight trip to up north
We will just spend time together at home.
Rhonda W G.
Hope to take my godson swimming at a local pool!
Rhonda W G.
I am hoping to get some spring cleaning done, and maybe some baking/crafts!
Staycation 🙂 Some crafts, going to our local museum. And I REALLY hope the weather will stay like it was the last couple of days +15 and sunny, so we can go outside more often.
Well by the looks of it I will probably be in the hospital…but I have been trying to get tickets to different things and winning stuff so the kids can keep busy with their daddy…I rather them be out having fun.
What? Oh No!! Hope you are okay!
I am thinking it will be spring time walks, some lego building and movie time!
We plan to relax and shop together.
Since the weather is so nice will be be going on a few hikes during March break.
Baking, need to make a cheesecake 🙂
Miss R and I are planning a girls day out. That will include lunch and shopping. Otherwise just hanging out.
Just sticking to local activities.
We just have some plans for in and around home.
we have decided to go bowling
We will probably be staying close to home this year.
Staycation. Some crafts, going to our local museum. And I REALLY hope the weather will stay like it was the last couple of days +15 and sunny, so we can go outside more often.
Spring cleaning, no exciting plans.
I’ll be working this March Break!
Sarah at Journeys of The Zoo
I will be packing for our 5,000km, 4-day, 3-country roadtrip from Mexico to Canada. Don’t you feel sorry for me 😉
Journeys of The Zoo
I plan to go to a museum and to see a movie.
Spending time with my grandchildren will be what we will be doing. A weiner roast and walks to the playground, should be fun!
Staycation. Some crafts, going to our local museum. And I REALLY hope the weather will stay like it was the last few days +15 and sunny, so we can go outside more often.
We plan to spend time together at home.
We plan on going for ice cream
We went out to our trailer today and starting getting it ready to open!
Just staying home doing some fun activities like skating and going to the pool.
i’ll be working through march break so we don’t have any plans.
Staycation. Some crafts, going to our local museum.
I think yard clean up will be happening along with wiener roasts and lots of walks.
drinking lots of coffee and lots of relaxation time with my boyfriend.
We are catching up on renovations!
We just stayed locally having fun during the time off.
We will stay home and renovate.
Planning to go to the library tomorrow.
We did a bit of shopping today but nothing too exciting.
We live in a highrise and had water leaking from the unit above last night, so dealing with that today – not fun!
My son got sick today, so I think we have crafts, reading (in each of the 3 languages my kids are learning, so it takes a while :)) and a TV for the rest of the week…
We will go skating!
MARCH break is good friday and easter monday and we are going to the inlaws for turkey . We get a 7-10 break in Feb , Winter break but thats it
I will be working during March Break.
Today is LEGO day 🙂
Today we are baking 🙂
we are sticking close to home. Plan on watching a few movies, do some baking together and play video games
My grandson will be coming for a sleepover. Weather permitting we will have a weiner roast and go to the park. I’m excited!
Lego day, again 🙂
We are working on renos!
a hot bath adn a good book!
We stayed close to home and just visited some local attractions.
play board games
We are watching movies and eating popcorn
Jennifer Ann Wilson
A few good books and some movies!
Not doing much today, just everyone doing what they would like. R&R kind of day.
Our Mall had some free activities for the kids today. It was awesome!
We plan on getting outside and enjoying the warmer weather, and I plan to start my spring cleaning/purging.
we are hanging out and watching movies and doing crafts
We plan to go to visit the National Gallery.
a few day trip locally, a couple sleepovers and birthday parties to attend.
we are working but planning on a trip in may
I plan on staying home and doing just as little as possible. Relaxing all the time sounds like a good plan.
I plan to renovate!
Lego and crafts today!
we made a list and every evening one of us will have a chance to choose for the next day. it’s been fun so far! thanks
oh if my new kitchenaide mixer comes I’ll make something for EAster supper at the inlaws
I am going on my sons hockey tournament for 4 days l,leaving on Easter day 🙂
Our 6 year old grandson came to stay with us for March Break, so we had a busy and fun week. The weather was crappy every day, so we took him to the activities at our local Chapters/Indigo store, hit golf balls and mini putt at the dome, playground, and the Maple Syrup Festival at Bronte Creek.
Visiting some local attractions
Today is pretty boring – laundry & cleaning.
Relaxing with kids and enjoying the nice weather outdoors.
I am working but my kids went to grandma’s house for a week.
We did some renovations.
MAYBE GET TO SLEEP IN LATE? or maybe there is some sort of spring show going on in the city that weekend.. prob nothing though as its only one day off work for me and two days for the kids
March break is almost over 🙁 Getting back into a regular routine now.
spending time with my niece
We will be doing yard clean-up which is something we really enjoy! Lotsa walks and some much enjoyed time with our grandkids!
I will be visiting my Grandmother for Easter – she is 95 years young!
We’re planning to visit some local museums.
one more week of break, will be baking and crafting for easter weekend
We went to a local museum and to see a movie.