Do your kids have a Halloween party to attend this year at all? Do you have a Halloween event? Then this recipe is perfect for you. Halloween RIP Brownies are pretty easy to make, festive and fun. Give them a try. It’s the icing that takes the longest on these. But the icing is also typically the best part too so it’s worth it in my opinion. Happy Haunting!!
The last brownies we had were gluten free at a small bakery near the beach this August and they were delicious. They gave new meaning to awesome gluten free treats. These are not gluten free but you can easily modify with a different flour such as rice or potato flour if you wish. If you are truly gluten free out of medical necessity though please double check the candy decorations.
Are you throwing a Halloween party this year?
Halloween RIP Brownies
- Halloween Brownie Bites #2
- Brownie Recipe:
- Brownie Ingredients:
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Royal Icing:
- Icing Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Tan gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using baking spray treat the baking dish.
- -Mix in the ingredients as they are added.
- -Pour melted butter into a bowl ad the sugar, cocoa, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder and salt.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- -Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- Icing Directions:
- -Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- -If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- - Spoon the icing into a bowl.
- -Add several drops of tan gel food coloring in the large bowl of icing. Stir well to mix the color.
- Decorating the brownie:
- package of Oreo cookies.
- Tombstone, candy (Michaels)
- Wilton Foodwriter, black (Michaels)
- Candy bones (Michaels)
- -Take out some of the Oreo cookies. Separate them and remove the filling.
- -Put the chocolate wafer cookies in a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin smash the cookies.
- -Using the tan icing cover the entire brownie.
- -Cove the tan icing with the smashed Oreo cookies.
- -With your Wilton Foodwriter in black, write RIP.
- -Place a candy tombstone in the center of the back of the brownie.
- -Add a candy bones to the top of the smashed Oreo cookies.