In the summer months when the weather is hot and the days are gorgeous but limited, it’s important not to spend hours on end slaving at the stove. I love easy barbecue ideas every summer weekend, and if we are entertaining or having a pool party or even just having a lovely weekend together, I like fast tasty snacks like this savoury sour cream nacho dip. This dip would also go great with vegetables.
I confess my husband and I have this dip that’s made a nearby grocery store that is our brutal weakness. It is heavenly. So I considered trying to duplicate that dip entirely but then I went a different way instead with this one and made it kid friendly. I also avoided the salt and high sodium that is in many pre-made dips by adding small amounts of flavouring on my own. I can control the salt when I make it myself and that’s always a good thing. I do that a lot now. Taco kits and prepackaged kits are extremely heavy in sodium so I mix and match my own taco and tortilla spices. Remember the high blood pressure readings I had last year? Well, the summer helps with that a bit but I still need to manage my blood pressure with diet and exercise. So I limit salt. This recipe will work for those of you who are also watching your sodium. But don’t overdo it. There’s such a thing as too much of a good thing.
My Savoury Sour Cream Nacho Dip #GayLeaMom #Giveaway
- One tub of Gay Lea Gold Sour Cream
- one small package of Philadelphia cream cheese
- two teaspoons of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1/2 cup of mild salsa
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese add Tex Mex blend for more kick
- Put sour cream in the blender. I used my new Breville Hemisphere Twist.
- Add one package of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Blend together at various speeds until mixed together.
- Add the 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Add Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
- (Add spices above (red pepper flakes and chill pepper)
- Blend the ingredients.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- This recipe makes a lot of dip. You can refrigerate what you don't use and save for later.
My daughter Ainsley helped me with this Low Sodium Sour Cream Nacho Dip. She also helped to devour it after it was made. That’s sometimes my best secret to getting these girls to eat. When they chip in and help create the food they love to eat the food. That makes everybody happy.
Did you know?
Gay Lea’s Gold Premium Sour Cream is:
• Rich, silky and decadent
• Nut-free and certified Kosher
• Available only in 425ml size
• Available in Ontario only
Gay Lea’s Sour Cream also comes in:
• Low Fat
• Fat Free
• Lactose Free
Be sure to check out the Gay Lea Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/gayleafoods.
Gay Lea is on Pinterest – and they have some delicious and inspiring boards. Feel free to check out their boards at http://www.pinterest.com/GayLeaFoods/
For a limited time you can also potentially win one of these barbecue sets along with a one year supply of Gay Lea products. Click through to the rafflecopter link below. The link will lead you to page that asks for a comment. That’s pretty simple. You can enter on several of the Gay Lea Mom blogs but you can only win once. Readers may enter across many blogs, they may only win from one participating blog
– Entrants must be a resident of Canada, excluding Quebec
– The winner can expect their prize in approximately 4-6 weeks!
I am a member of Influencer Central and as such I have been compensated.