One of my favourite dishes ever to order when we go out is this: chicken piccata. I love the flavour combinations of capers and lemon and wine with chicken served on a bed of noodles. Of course there is always just a tiny hint of olive oil in the mix to make this dish, and the chicken, super moist and succulent. I wish I had a dish of it handy right now actually. This, and chicken masala, are two chicken dishes I could exist on. No question, chicken is a staple in many family homes at dinner time. It is versatile and fairly inexpensive. Plus it really absorbs spices and sauces to become flavourful and lovely.
So today I thought I might share with you the my chicken piccata recipe. It might be what’s for dinner this weekend because even just looking at the pictures here makes me crave this dish. Incredibly, chicken piccata recipe is easier to make than you might think. With the exception of the capers and maybe the white wine vinegar, you might have most of these ingredients on hand already.
Give it a try. I think you will enjoy this one as much as I do. Capers are actually one of my favourite ingredients to add to several dishes I love. I add them here, of course as detailed below and then I also add to some salmon dishes as well.
One of my Favourite Dishes: Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lemon cut in slices
- 1/2 C dry white cooking wine
- 1/2 C chicken stock
- 1/4 C drained capers
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley chopped
- Pkg of thin spaghetti
- -Sift flour, salt and pepper. Place ingredients on a large dinner plate.
- -Pound the chicken breasts that you have cut in half to about 1/4 inch thick.
- -Cut the chicken breasts in half again.
- -Coat the 4 chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- -Using a large skillet on high heat.
- -Combine 1 TBSP of butter and olive oil and cook until slightly brown in color.
- -Cook chicken on both sides until slightly brown.
- -Remove from heat.
- - Cook the garlic in the remaining sauce on medium heat 1 minute.
- -Add lemon juice stirring the browned flour mixture in the skillet.
- - In the same pan pour in the white cooking wine, chicken stock, lemon slices, and capers.
- -Reduce the above liquid in half by cooking it for up to 5 minutes.
- -Add salt and pepper if needed.
- -Add the remaining butter and parsley to the skillet.
- -Reheat the chicken in the skillet with the prepared sauce.
- -Heat water and when hot enough add pasta.
- -Cook pasta until ready.
- -Toss the sauce from the chicken with the spaghetti.
- -Add the cooked chicken.
- -Plate chicken on top of the noodles
- -Add one of the sliced lemons to each piece of chicken when on the plate. Enjoy!!