These party perfect teddy bear cupcakes are just the thing you need to brighten any occasion. Teddy bear picnic? Birthday party? Preschool graduation or school bake sale? Whatever the occasion, these adorable teddy bear cupcakes are sure to be a hit.
If your little ones are into teddy bear picnics, or tea parties these will be just the treat to hit the spot. These cute character cupcakes are not hard to make at all.
Here’s a quick and simple play by play on how to make these teddy bear cupcakes come to life. (Right before you eat them or share them of course). Great for a cute little toddler or preschooler birthday party, don’t you think?
Teddy Bears are Special Friends
When my kids were small they were crazy for all the teddy bears and stuffed animals. One weekend we went to a local children’s museum and they had a teddy bear picnic complete with pretend hospital setup. We were able to get the bears each a check up right there. My girls loved that.
And of course over the years we have had many fun excursions to Build-A-Bear. My favourite idea here is to use these as the treats at a Build-A-Bear birthday party celebration. OR, you might consider doing an adoption day celebration at the venue and sharing these with the attendees. Maybe that’s a small family celebration and maybe it’s a big party for extended family and friends. Either way these cupcakes work.
If you do make these please don’t forget to come back and leave me a comment telling me how they turned out. And as a matter of fact, here is a cute little teddy bear colouring page I have over on my Pinterest Free Printables page. There are dozens of free printables and great recipes there too. This is one of my most pinned cupcake recipes.
[tweetthis]Don’t miss these party perfect teddy bear cupcakes. Perfect for a teddy bear picnic![/tweetthis]
Party Perfect Teddy Bear Cupcakes
- 1 box of triple chocolate mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C 1 stick of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/4 C whole milk
- cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 C hershey cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 box of whoppers chocolate candy
- A bag of chocolate melting wafers
- A bag of caramel squares candy unwrapped
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- mini circle cookie cutter
- Piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Cupcake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with the liners
- Using a standing mixer, combine the cake mix, butter, eggs, and milk and mix until combined
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes
- Pull out and place on the side to cool
- Cupcake frosting and decorating directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine the butter, powder sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream and mix until combined and until stiff and creamy.
- If the frosting, is still tough and powdery, add in 1-2 TBSP heavy whipped cream to make it more smooth
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Cool cupcakes and then pipe frosting all around the cupcake
- Take two chocolate melting wafer and place them on the top corner for the ears
- Use your fingers to kind of play with the caramel square to get it soft
- Place it onto a cutting board or plate and flatted it out using either the bottom of a glass cup, or a rolling pin
- Take the mini circle cookie cutter and cut out the mouth part of the bear
- Add the caramel circle onto the center of the frosting
- Pop the two eyes in above the caramel circle
- Using left over frosting, add a tiny amount onto the back of the whopper candy
- Place whopper onto the top center of the caramel circle.
- Ready to serve!
Hope you enjoy these adorable Teddy Bear Cupcakes. We sure did. Don’t forget to pin this image for later so you have it handy.
Teddy Bear Cupcakes
These chocolate-y treats are pretty easy to make and fun to share. If your little one is really into teddy bears and creative play, then you might consider setting up a cute little teddy bear tea party or a teddy bear picnic. Bears are very special friends after all. Some of ours have travelled around the world with us.
I hope you enjoy these together with someone special!