50 + Best Canada Day Recipes, Crafts and Games
It’s almost Canada Day! You know what that means right? Well, it’s the start of my favourite month which makes it a great time to try one of these Canada Day recipes, crafts or games. The month of July makes me happy with all of the reasons to celebrate being Canadian. Canada Day comes first and then my oldest girl’s birthday, followed by my birthday.
Post contains affiliate links as a service to readers. Purchases made via qualifying links provide me with a small commission.
Celebrate Canada Day and More
There are so many reasons to celebrate in July! But marking Canada Day with some amazing red and white crafts and Canada Day recipes and games is the perfect way to launch the month.
This year, I know there’s not a lot of room for outdoor celebrating with high groups. We are all still trying hard to be cautious here, but we will make some Canada Day recipes and print off the Canada Day word searches, games and crafts too.
Here are some of my Canada Day Favourites
I have broken this down into Canada Day word games, Canada Day recipes and Canada Day crafts too. If you are decorating, then don’t forget to get the maple leaf themed party materials here as well. Canada Day Cups and decorations with Canada Day balloons.
Have a Sensory Seeker?
Here’s an excellent Canada Day red and white coloured rice craft. Perfect for kids with sensory processing disorder, autism, FASD. And Next Comes L has several great ideas for sensory crafts and games on Canada Day.
Canada Day Word Games
- This easy printable Canada Day word jumble from Moms and Munchkins is cute and a challenge for all the kids in your life.
- I have a super popular Canada Day word search. Don’t miss that one and save the pin for later. Next year, you can return to it, or share it with family then too.
- Canadian Flags Matching Game – Canada Day Printable Flags. So cute!
- Super cute and easy Canada Day Fill ins. Any age child can do this as long as they have a little bit of reading ability.
- Fun and Easy Canada Day Maze – Thrifty Mommas Tips
- Looking for a fun way to get the entire family involved in the Family Friendly festivities of Canada Day? Then, why not print off this Canada Day Bingo!
Red and White Canada Day Crafts
We love origami. We have discovered that we enjoy this Japanese art because it is rewarding to follow the instructions and come up with something new each time. Both of the girls are really good at this somehow.
- Jackie over at Happy Hooligans has a couple of super cute ideas. Love these easy Red and White Canada Day flip flops made with Dollar Store supplies. Easy to make and perfect for tweens or teens too.
- Also from Jackie is this adorable Canada Day windsock. Make it a group activity or a family craft you hang and share this week!
- Cool Canada Day Origami. We are big origami fans actually. We often make various shapes and animals from origami. While this is not a Canada Day origami roundup, we do have an amazing fun kid’s origami ideas
- Canada Day Decorating Ideas – Use this Red and White banner for all the events. Love it!
- Need last minute Celebration Ideas for Canada Day? Here you go.
- DIY Maple Leaf Canada Day decor with driftwood for that beach feel.
- Make this Gorgeous Wreath for Canada Day. I can hardly believe it is a DIY project actually. It’s lovely.
- Do it Yourself Maple Leaf – This video makes it super simple.
Easy and Delicious Ways to Celebrate Canada Day!
All the best Canada Day recipes to make and share this summer. Got a Maple Leaf Cookie Cutter? Then here you go.
Canada Day Recipes and Foods
These Canada Day Recipes are perfect for a party!
- Make these cute Maple Leaf Canada Day cookies.
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups by Baking Beauty. OH YES, please.
- Or these amazing Glazed Short bread cookies.
So Many Butter Tarts
I have an extremely popular butter tarts recipe here. We have been making these forever and I love them so much. The caramelization part is the best part. Butter plus brown sugar makes such a gooey and scrumptious blend of filling. Just writing about it makes me want to make them again.
I am not the only one with butter tarts on the mind right now though.
- Check out this post by Little Sweet Baker. She also has a sweet Canadian Butter Tarts Recipe to share.
Nachos? Sure why not?
- Canadian BBQ Nachos from Mommy Moment
- Poutine Dog also from Mommy Moment
- Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp from This Lil Piglet
- Crunchy Caramel Corn Puffs via Stuffed at the Gills
- Five Minute Dessert Kebabs. These are so fun and definitely distinctly Canadian by A Pretty Life in the Suburb’s Joanna.
All the Red and White Cakes and Cake Pops
- Canada Day Cake Pops from Ottawa Mummy Club.
- Chocolate Covered Canada Day Pretzels from Little Miss Kate. So easy! Who doesn’t love chocolate covered candy pretzels?
- This one is one of my favourites for any occasion. Canada Day Kit Kat Cake. From Little Miss Kate, a Canadian friend.
- True North Maple Cake with Buttercream Icing, which is my favourite icing.
- Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio has an excellent little video on how to make Beaver Cupcakes. I kind of love how cute these are.
Fruity Baked Goods
- Moist and Rich Cake – Canada Day Three Milk Cake with Strawberries.
- Cherry Cake from Simply Stacie. Stacie’s recipes are some of my favourites recipes from any blogger.
- No Bake Rhubarb Cheesecake. Wait, what? Rhubarb and Cheesecake sounds like a fabulous combination of tart and sweet.
- Jello Swirl Ice Cream from Mom Vs. The Boys.
- Maple Custard with Strawberry Compote from Maple and Mango. Luscious and relatively simple to make.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Shots for Canada Day. All Red and White and Sweet and heck raspberries are just right this time of year.
Maple Glazed Everything
- Maple Glazed Bacon Strips by The Rebel Chick.
- Glazed Maple Short Bread Cookies by Little Sweet Baker. You will drool, over this buttery shortbread.
Gluten Free Canada Day Recipes
- Are you gluten free and celebrating Canada Day? Strength and Sunshine has Gluten Free Vegan Maple Teff Waffles.
- Three Ingredients? YES please. This is my kind of simple recipe. Gluten Free Maple Tahini Freezer Fudge.
- Flourless Gluten Free Muffins with Maple Syrup.
Beverages – All the Fun Canada Day Drinks and Mocktails
- OM NOM NOM – Food Meanderings has this refreshing Miami Vice Cocktail. So, if you need a drink to round out the festivities, this could be the precisely perfect thing to share or make just for you. Slushy and ideal for a hot day, or weekend. Oh and of course it’s okay for kids because it’s a cocktail.
- Strawberry Frosé by Maple and Mango. Drool. This one is for the adults, thanks!
- Love this spread! But mostly, I think this is super creative from Mom in Real Life – Family Friendly Strawberry No-Jito!
Special Breakfast for Canada Day?
- Red Velvet Canada Day Pancakes. Bring it. I feel like this is going to happen this year here.
- Great Canadian Breakfast Waffles from Little Miss Kate. Holy YUM. This is a full breakfast.
My Favourite Holiday
I am a proud Canadian and Canada Day is one of my all time favourite holidays. Canada Day recipes, crafts and word games are a fun way to make the most of Canada’s birthday with family.