Breville Scraper Mixer Pro Hits The Mark #TMMGG2015
Whoever said don’t give appliances for Christmas wasn’t talking about the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro. This little beauty is as sparkly as any jewel in my books. If you have a person who loves to bake, the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro is the gift that will make them light up this holiday.
I have been asking Santa for a big beautiful blender mixer for two years. It never worked out….I thought I was getting one last year potentially…I mean I was good and everything. I rarely made the naughty list…but sadly husband was completely overwhelmed by the stand mixer options when he went shopping. He literally said: “I had no idea which one you wanted. There were too many.” Oh, don’t worry too much about me. I got some lovely gifts in its place – Pandora charms also make me happy. But still I almost gave up on my dream to own a proper mixer for baking.
So despite being a brand ambassador for a couple of food brands this past year, the months flipped by speedily and I continued baking with a $30 hand mixer we were gifted 20 years ago when we got married. It was not a great match for creaming or blending substances like butter. From time to time I have worked with Breville here and been super impressed with their gorgeous and efficient small appliances. I still adore their waffle maker and I also have one of their juicer blenders called the Hemisphere. Come to think of it either one of those would be a great Christmas gift for a very good friend or family member too. Anyways, around September Breville approached me with some holiday gift catalogue ideas. And then this fall the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro landed here in my office.
This week I unboxed the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro and had some fun in the kitchen doing Christmas baking. Just in time for Christmas. I decided I wanted to make festive cheesecake squares because I really needed to give them scraper beater a crazy workout and I knew cream cheese was up to the challenge.
The cream cheese was smooth within about 4 minutes of blending. I played around with the settings too because there are so many. Also can I tell you how much I love the LCD screen with timer? I heart that.
Here are 10 features I adore about the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro.
- Tilt release button: Located on the body of the mixer, this button means that you can easily manipulate the mixer head into the tilt back position and access the bowl or remove the bowl or add ingredients as needed.
- Internal cord storage: How tidy and organized is that? It tucks away when you are done. Gently feed it back into the base of the mixer.
- LCD Screen with timer: You can see how long you have been blending and that allows for more precise blending and baking.
- 5 quart stainless steel bowl: That’s a great size and you don’t need to worry about goods slopping out the sides.
- There’s a two piece pouring shield included in case you are worried about making a mess when pouring, mixing or adding ingredients.
- Load sensing technology: Pause there a moment. Technology in my kitchen makes me happy. That is all. Mixer automatically sense the load and adjusts the power to maintain speed accordingly.
- 12 speed control dial: 12 speeds beats the three I had on my 20 year old beater.
- Breville Assist Plug: This is a tiny but sweet Breville feature. Their plugs all have a finger hole on them so you can easily plug in and out.
- The scraper beater attachment: this is for creaming butter and sugar and mixing sticky ingredients or folding eggs. The design of it means it perfectly scrapes the bowl sides and blends magically.
- Three other attachments: Flat beater is for normal to heavy mixtures. The wire whip is for incorporating air into mixtures, like eggs, candy, chiffon, meringues, dressings. And the dough hook is for mixing yeast and dough recipes (also good for horsing around with your daughter pretending to be Captain Hook while baking. DO TRY this at home. LOL.)
Now do you see why I wanted to celebrate? The Breville Scraper Mixer Pro is my favourite of all my children. Plus it listens to me…Just kidding, I don’t actually talk to it…I do however call it my precious! Don’t judge me. It’s that awesome. This is what I made with my new Breville Scraper Mixer Pro.
[tweetthis]The Breville Scraper Mixer Pro is a beautiful addition to any kitchen. #TMMGG2015[/tweetthis]
You will love the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro. Trust me. I can’t find any fault with this beauty. It is heavy but it is also a workhorse and I love it. The Breville brand has increasingly become part of my family and I enjoy their innovative, efficient and sleek small appliances. They are sturdy and functional and they look good. And there’s this – a common theme I have noticed about Breville products is that they always focus also on making less mess in the kitchen. Take a look at my pictures in this post. See my backsplash? See my stove? Clean. Despite the fact that I was baking all morning they both remained clean because the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro is designed to keep the ingredients in the 5 quart stainless steel bowl.
This item comes with a one year limited product warranty.
Plus they make kitchen time a bit more fun! Each one makes me happy. (But this one is my favourite.)
Here is my Festive Cheesecake Squares Recipe just in case you are looking for something to make with this baby.
Breville Scraper Mixer Pro Hits The Mark #TMMGG2015
- 1 1/4 cups of Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- Body of the cheesecake squares:
- 3 packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP of butterscotch chips
- 1 TBSP of Festive coloured chips.
- Use a square 8 by 8 pan.
- Mix the graham cracker mixture with
- /4 cups of Graham cracker crumbs
- /4 cup of melted butter
- Combine and press into bottom of the pan.
- Using the Breville Scraper Mixer Pro add:
- packages of Cream Cheese
- cup sugar
- Blend 2 minutes and then add one egg at a time for a total of three eggs.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Pour into the pan over the crust.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and then scatter the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and the Christmas flavoured chips across the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve!!
Now do me a favour and go buy this for the person you love who adores baking. Get it for the person who has been hoping and waiting for the right stand mixer. This is the one. My Precious!
I was provided with this product for purposes of review. My opinion is all my own.
I would LOVE to get appliances for Christmas! This mixer looks as though it would be a lot of help this holiday season. I would not mind seeing it under my tree! Thanks for sharing this post with us!
The timer is a great feature that I don’t think I’ve ever seen on a mixer before. Those cheesecake squares sound deicious!
You just helped me decide what to get for my sister in law!!! She’s been wanting HER “my precious” for years, and like your hubby – my brother and I have always been super overwhelmed by the options. But this just sealed the deal. Thank you for making MY life easier :). And besides – she bakes something fierce (Like you!) so really, it’s a win-win for me too 🙂
That looks like an awesome mixer. We love Breville products at our home!
That’s one thing that irks me is that I have to stop and scrape down the bowl of my current stand mixer. This Breville Mixer looks shiny and powerful. Alas, my current “old” one still works great (besides having to scrape the bowl) but then again.. I get to lick the spoon 😉
Ooooohhhhhh! You can see how heavy and well made it is even in the pictures. You are going to get years of use out of this mixer.
This sounds like a great mixer. Not sure I’d be using the LCD Screen with timer but it’s a novelty for those who need it.