Father’s Day Golf Ball Rice Krispie Bars
June is coming up fairly fast and if you are like we are, then you are often at a loss for what to get or do for Father’s Day. In the past, when the weather was nice, we have been able to enjoy a picnic. These Father’s Day Golf Ball Rice Krispie Bars are the perfect sweet treat for a Father’s Day home cooked meal or picnic.
Hopefully, it’s nice enough for that this year too. Sometimes it’s fun to do something sporty with the whole family on Father’s Day – mini golf, or golf, or swimming. If you need a special treat for Father’s Day these Golf Ball Rice Krispie treats are the ticket. They’d be great for a picnic too.
The special trays featured below can help you with the golf ball details. There’s an affiliate link included for you to buy all the supplies needed for this actually. If you use the links to make a purchase I might make a small commission.
Follow the recipe below and these Golf Ball Rice Krispie bars could be a really cute and easy treat for a Father’s Day party or picnic.
Wilton candy melts are also available from Amazon. Check them out and order them now. You can easily melt the wafers in the microwave, just don’t leave them in there too long.
Father’s Day Golf Ball Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 10 oz bags marshmallows
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
- ½ cup Wilton dark green chocolate melts
- ½ cup Wilton lime green chocolate melts
- Spray a 9×9 pan with a non stick coating spray and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and salt (optional) until well-coated.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate melts. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the golf ball molds and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the dark green chocolate melts.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and stir until melted.
- Once the golf ball molds have hardened, dip 6 of the Rice Krispies bars into the melted dark green chocolate to coat evenly.
- Place the chocolate coated bars on the cookie sheet and immediately place a white chocolate golf ball on top of each bar.
- Let the bars "set" for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Repeat steps 10-12 using the lime green chocolate melts.
Make Dad’s Day with something special this year. Let’s be clear – he often doesn’t want a gigantic gift. It’s the heartfelt touches that matter. These cute golf ball treats work any time you want to celebrate your dad or even just for someone whose passion is golfing.
Do not miss making this cute Father’s Day MY Dad Printable too.
What a cute recipe!! Wow! My family owns a golf course so I will be sharing this recipe to them.Thank you so much for posting this!
Marvellous idea, actually for any time when there’s a golfer involved.
Very cute idea if you need to do up a treat for a golfer, thanks for sharing!
Very cute, would be great to serve at our company golf tornament