These Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are most, tangy, sweet and memorable. They might change your life.
Imagine tangy lemon, plus crunchy sweet toasted meringue, grounded by the moist comforting flavour of vanilla cake. Mad tasty combination, right? Perfect textures and oh my gosh refreshing!
These Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are what you need this summer.
Table of Contents
Tastiest Cupcakes Ever!
These tangy lemon meringue cupcakes might be the best cupcakes I have made yet. By now, you all know deeply ingrained my love for lemon is. It’s simply always my favourite taste. That tangy sour fresh juicy lemon flavour rocks. Of course, everyone adores vanilla cupcakes or cakes. Doesn’t that just remind you of your childhood. Lemon meringue pies were a special treat my mom made when I was a child and they still are my favourites.
These days, we are all fans of cupcakes and cakes around here. I can’t get enough of the treats we have been making and the fresh bread from the bread maker. That’s our new specialty. These however I think will be the new sweets that I share at every summer party.
You will love these lemon meringue cupcakes as treats. The final meringue toasting is the best part in my opinion. It elevates these to the next level entirely.
Lemons right now are a staple in my fridge. I love to cook with them and bake with lemon flavour. Mostly, at this time of the year I adore the citrus taste of lemony salad dressings and lemon waved over top of grilled salmon.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- mixing bowls
- muffin tin
- cupcake liners
- 1 box Butter Yellow Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
Marshmallow Meringue Frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp kocher salt
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed.
- Scoop ¾ batter into the liners.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown.Allow to cool completely
Lemon Meringue Frosting
- Using a double broiler, mix all ingredients except the vanilla in alarge heat safe bowl.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Place the bowl over the prepared double broiler.
- Start to simmer the water and heat the mixture until the candy thermometer reaches 165 ℉ and all the sugar has dissolved, about 5-10 minutes from when the water starts to simmer.
- While heating, gently mix to ensure even cooking.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved and the mix is 165 ℉, remove from heat and place the bowl in a standing mixture and mix on medium highfor 5-7 minutes until the egg whites stiffen up and the mixture starts to cool.
- Once it starts to stiffen up, add the vanilla.
- Scoop the marshmallow frosting into the disposable piping bag.
- Spoon on 2 tbsp of lemon curd onto the top of the cupcake.
- Pipe the marshmallow meringue onto the top of the lemon curd.
- Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallow frosting
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes for the Win!
Here’s the thing. If you love lemon and are looking for a new treat or dessert to make, this is the ideal treat for you.
Looking for a showstopper this season? I like this recipe for all the family gatherings, reunions and birthday parties too. Bring it on! So, if you love these cupcakes, I guarantee you that you will enjoy these Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes too.