Everybody loves cupcakes. They are just the right sized treat for a party, a treat or a special snack. Not quite as dramatic a commitment as a full scale cake or pie, cupcakes are perfect for bakers and those with a sweet tooth too. These Disney Frozen inspired blue cupcakes are ideal for a birthday party. They could also be a bake sale showstopper!
Are you looking for a brilliant bake sale showstopper? Or, are you simply hunting for a recipe to share at a Frozen themed girl’s birthday party? These Frozen blue cupcakes will make you proud to serve them. Plus your daughter, granddaughter, or niece, will love these.
[tweetthis]You will make every Disney loving girl’s birthday extra special with these Frozen blue cupcakes. [/tweetthis]
Delicious Disney Inspired Frozen Blue Cupcakes
- 1/2 C unsalted butter room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blue gel food coloring
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 package Wilton Snowflake cake decor
- 1 container Wilton small Snowflakes
- Frozen Blue Cupcakes -
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- -Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- -Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- -Beat butter on high for 30 seconds.
- -Add sugar and vanilla extract to the butter until well combined.
- -Add egg whites, one at a time, mixing after each.
- -Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- -Add 1/3 C flour mixture to the wet mixture followed by adding 1/3 C of the buttermilk; add 1/3 C flour mixture again then add 1/3 C buttermilk mix on low speed, add 1/3 C of flour and add the rest of 1/3 C of buttermilk mix in low speed until thoroughly blended.
- -Add the blue gel food coloring. Continue to stir until the color is thoroughly blended.
- -Using an ice cream scoop fill the cupcake tin 2/3rds to the top of the lined cupcake holders.
- -Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- -Cool for 10 minutes.
- -Remove to a wire rack until fully cooled.
- Frosting Directions:
- -Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- -If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- -Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- - Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time.... mix well.
- -If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- -Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- -Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- -Add the snowflakes, big and small to the cupcakes.
You can make these with some patience. They look great and these Frozen blue cupcakes are so tasty they are hard to resist. If you are planning a Frozen birthday party, then you need to save this recipe for later. My shark cupcakes are the perfect things to make for the shark lovers in your home.
Just in case you are interested I also have these gorgeous dessert treats that I posted last year that you will definitely want to share or Pin for later.