These Captain America Oreos will charm any Marvel fan. My younger daughter is the world’s biggest Captain America fan. She adores Chris Evans, and Captain America is her favourite of all the Avengers. Lately she’s been tracking all of the information about the next movie, Avengers: Infinity War. The release date, the timing of the premiere April 25, 2018 and where it could be.
In our house, it’s all about Cap. All the time. And Black Widow too of course. Scar Joe is admittedly kickbutt in all the movies. Fan fiction, news, twitter and Instagram. If they write about either one of these two stars, then she’s either already read it, or about to read it. Actually true story, Chris Evans’ twitter feed is pretty great in my opinion. Follow that guy.
If you have a child celebrating a birthday soon, these would be perfect for a treat. And of course if you are setting up a Marvel themed or Captain America themed party these Captain America Oreos are a must!
This is a pretty easy one. And let’s be honest these Oreo recipes are super popular. Steal the show, win the birthday party with your own Captain America Oreos.
- 1 package of double stuffed oreos
- 2 Bags of red candy melts
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 3 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- 4 C powder sugar
- red, and blue food coloring
- 3 disposable piping bags, fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the candy melts until smooth
- Mix in the coconut oil to thin out the candy melts
- Using a fork, dip in the oreos until fully coated
- Place oreos onto a cookie sheet and let dry for an hour
- While oreos are drying, using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes
- Split the icing into 3 bowls
- Leaving one of the bowls white, add in a color to the remaining 2 bowls
- Scoop frosting into each bags
- Once oreos are dry, using the red piping bag, pipe a line around the out edge of the cookie
- Using the red again, pipe the inner circle of the captain america shield
- Using the white icing, fill in the circle in between the red line and thick red circle with the white icing
- Using the white icing, pipe a star onto the middle of the cookie
- Using the blue icing, pipe a blue circle around the star
- Let dry for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Captain America Oreos
These Captain America oreos are scrumptious and easy to make. The cookie part is already done of course, so you just need to add the shield elements in and let them dry. Then enjoy them with your Marvel fans! Who’s your favourite Avenger?
Don’t forget to check this out for the kids too. The Superhero Word Search generates a lot of downloads here. Oh and if your kids are small then you might find this roundup of Superhero gifts useful for all occasions.